WHOAAAA!!!!!Just Bought My 1st Parker this weekend!!!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith FDNY

Reaction score
Well i just bought my 1st parker it is a 2120 DV Pilot House,cant wait to get that puppy in the water!!! And i got a great deal on it!!! Even though its a 2005 i still got best deal around,and more then 1 dealer told me that and after i bought it i was on way home and stopped at Providence Rhode Island boat show and ran into Robin Parker and she even said i got a great and awesome deal and that no 1 will beat what i got boat for!!!So that made me fell great and it was great to meet Robin as well!!!Now going to install stereo system,adding 2 more flood lites off top of cabin and it has to already pointing on deck,adding some underwater lites as well and what ever else i want to do before i put it in the water in april!!! I have some electronics already in there so will be ok for now!!! I was thinking of removing the bracket in front of motor to place my 150QT cooler in front of motor?Any ideas on this and is it good idea or no?does alot of water come in from there or will i be ok with removing it?

Attachments

• Boat#2pic..jpg
    Boat#2pic..jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,008
  • Boat pic#1.jpg
    Boat pic#1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,008
Congratulations Keith. You certainly are a full-fledged member of the Parker nation now! 8)

We have several members here who have removed the splash guard and put a cooler in front of the motor. However, you might want to see what the sea conditions are like in the area where you boat before deciding on anything permanent.

Some people have been fine in removing the guard, while others like to keep it. I'd leave it in for a season until you get comfortable with your new ride. :wink:

Welcome aboard! :)

Just want to say thanks for the welcome well i can say i am in the nor-easter part of new york so like you said i have to see what happens and take it from there!!! Oh yes you should be getting your T-Shirt from me this week just to let you know!!!Well i cant wait to start fishing and hanging around the boat and hope to meet other parker members here in New York!!!

Welcome to the ParkerNation. Enjoy your ride and don't forget to give us some pics of how you finally decide to rig the cooler.

Can you engineer a solution where the cooler becomes part of the baffle?

Dave

aka

Keith - Nice boat! I am sure you will enjoy her. You are going to have a long winter my friend....purchasing a new toy in the dead of winter is just torture. I don't think you will be able to wait until April to splash. Enjoy. Don't forget to post pictures of your projects.

Brad

Keith, welcome aboard! I have a 2006 2120 live in Oakdale NY and fish Fire Island area. A 100quart Igloo cooler works great where the splash guard is/was. Have had no problems in some nasty seas. Where you located?

Ray

Congrats Keith on the 2120!
Where will you be sailing out of?
Our 2004 2120 is in Freeport.Took that splashguard off after a few months and keep a 100Qt cooler there.1000% easier to clean the boat off without that piece there.

J

Keith let me know if you received a pm from me. Have a new computer and am having some trouble with e mail.
Good luck and again welcome aboard.

Ray

Congrats on your new Parker. I am sure you will enjoy many
hours on the water with it. You can find pictures with instructions
on almost any modifications or add ons that you do to your boat
on this web site. If not just ask and you will get help. There are
Parker enthusiasts here from one coast to the other.

Keith,welcome to the board.There is some great knowledge here by some nice people.I retired from Ladder132 on 7/13/01 if there is anything I can help you with,just let me know.
Most of all,enjoy your time on the water and the boat,you never know when S**T Happens.

Back