Why Own a Parker?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

striperon

Reaction score
I had one of the best days of my life on Saturday. My 3 adult children and me out fishing and touring, laughing and joking, learning and loving. They all got a chance to handle the boat.

One of my sons cooked a striped bass we caught after our trip. He likes to cook for us and make up new recipes. It was the best tasting fish I ever had.

My kids love the boat, I love the kids and the boat. Big smiles all around. It's what the best part of life is all about. Thank you, Parker! Thank you, Lord, for the fine weather, and the good things in my life.

Spent hours off the coast of Virginia Beach today with three of the five grandkids. Beautiful day - cute kids - awesome boat.

Spent Friday night and part of Saturday on the water with a friend from church and his young son. Caught lots of croaker at night, then went to the Cedar Pt. "rips" at day break and caught stripers for 4 hours until the tide went slack. Then went swimming off the boat for an hour. That boy was all smiles and worn out when it was all over. At the end of the trip, I blasted the boat with the raw-water wash down and all the fishy stuff floated away. Love that easy-to-clean austere fishing-machine Parker.

Dave

P.S. Tossed a couple of ClassicParker koozies to Parker owners who didn't know about CP. Hope to see them here soon.

Sounds like a great day Ron!
I had a similar experience last weekend with my grandkids, daughter, and son-in-law.

Porkchunker":tlu65mj7 said:
P.S. Tossed a couple of ClassicParker koozies to Parker owners who didn't know about CP. Hope to see them here soon.

I did the same at Knapps Narrows Marina 2 weeks ago.
Met a really nice guy who had just taken delivery of a brand new 2520XL.
I gave him one of my koozies and told him about CP.

Time for me to re-order. :)

It's funny, but I was going to start my own thread about this today. This weekend two buddies, my two little boys and I met at the dock at 6:00 AM to go out chasing tuna around. We could have taken one guy's Regulator 23, the other guy's Edgewater 245, or my Parker 23DVCC. We all split gas, so money wasn't the issue.

The other guys both said "let's take your boat" to me at the same time. This happens a lot. I don't think there is any other CC in the same size range that has the same usable fishing area along with that huge fish box in the transom.

BTW, we saw a ton of tuna busting, trolled, casted and even jigged for them, but caught nothing but dogfish and blues. However, we also saw a lot of whales doing cool whale things and had a great day on the water. The boys loved it and even we grownups didn't mind being skunked on catching tuna. At the end, a quick scrub and the plain-jane vanilla boat looked good as new! It's a wonderful design and a great boat.

Back