Why so few Parker's in Puget Sound, WA area?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeSpady

Reaction score
I fish Puget Sound, Wa. The following list shows the boats I see most often on the water in order of popularity.

1. 21 -23' Bayliner/Trophy: base price $50K
2. 21'-23'Seaswirl/Striper: base price $60K
3. 228 Grady-White Seafarer: base price $70K
4. 24' Seasport: base price $80K
5. 24' Osprey: base price $99K

It appears the most popular boats are the lowest in price and presumably in quality.

Because I want to fish year round I directed my attention to the Osprey and Seasport pilot houses. However I stumbled upon the Parker 2320 SL at the boat show and it became a no-brainer. The base price for the 2320 was $55K which included the Yamaha 250 HP 4 stroke. Now the Parker did not have all the amenities of the Osprey or Seasport but I figured $45K could buy alot of cheese sandwiches for not having a kitchenette.

I was impressed with the solid cockpit floor (Osprey floor flexed), the huge cockpit area and the above water level fishboxes in the transom. Overall it appeared the Parker was built to fish and fish hard, which is what I want to do.

So why do I not see alot of Parkers fishing Puget Sound?

The parker dealer in this area is new, they have only been sold here for a few years.

The short cabin 24' SeaSport at last years show was 90k with a 250 OB, this year it was $70k(not the exact same boat but very similar). IMO they are way over priced. I know a a couple 24 Seasports that the owners have $120k to $160k into them. :shock:

Stacy

hey mike I asked the same thing when I was looking to buy a new boat this time last year. The only things I can come up with are things like an east coast builder(not very well advertized here). Also the fish box is quite small in my opinion. Cant they put one in the floor?
I took the chance anyway and bought an 07 2530 and as it turns out so far I am sure I made the right choice. I have had people who own seasports fish with me and tell me riding in and fishing out of my boat is alot nicer than theirs. Less pound running, less roll fishing(wider beam).
The dealer in ballard left a sour taste for me. The sales guy I worked with was a good guy but the v.p. was a little on the arrogant side. Almost backed out just because I didnt like his attitude.
Dont let the fact you dont see alot of these boats out here stop you from checking these out. If you can do without the fancy stuff on the interior you will love a PARKER good luck.

MikeSpady":2ws6h9hu said:

I think Mark has it right...
You have an east coast builder, and not a lot of west coast dealers (yet).

I do believe that is changing though, and you can see that reflected in many of the posts made here by our west coast members.

Mike,

I asked myself the same question about PH's in Florida about a year ago.

Last week, while out fishing, I saw 4 of them :shock:

Can't keep a good product a secret for long...

When I was in Seattle last year I saw a Parker dealer near the Fish Ladder Park at the Loch on the North end of Seattle on the main drag. Is that the same dealer?
I have family in the Mount Vernon area.

Rich

Keep looking at the Parker's you won't be disappointed

Yes, thats the only Parker dealer in the state. I have heard there is now a dealer in Portland Oregon.

MikeSpady":woz7g05t said:
I fish Puget Sound, Wa. The following list shows the boats I see most often on the water in order of popularity.

1. 21 -23' Bayliner/Trophy: base price $50K
2. 21'-23'Seaswirl/Striper: base price $60K
3. 228 Grady-White Seafarer: base price $70K
4. 24' Seasport: base price $80K
5. 24' Osprey: base price $99K

It appears the most popular boats are the lowest in price and presumably in quality.

Because I want to fish year round I directed my attention to the Osprey and Seasport pilot houses. However I stumbled upon the Parker 2320 SL at the boat show and it became a no-brainer. The base price for the 2320 was $55K which included the Yamaha 250 HP 4 stroke. Now the Parker did not have all the amenities of the Osprey or Seasport but I figured $45K could buy alot of cheese sandwiches for not having a kitchenette.

I was impressed with the solid cockpit floor (Osprey floor flexed), the huge cockpit area and the above water level fishboxes in the transom. Overall it appeared the Parker was built to fish and fish hard, which is what I want to do.

Aman Marine on W Marine drive in Portland and is a new Parker dealer. Rod Lee is a first class salesman and deep water fishermean. FYI, Dave Starratt

Back