Window and carpet ? on a 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wejohns

Reaction score
The window frames on my 2004 2520XL are in bad shape with a lot of corrosion issues. The corrosion has not pitted the metal yet but it is unsightly and I cannot get it to polish out. I am curious if it is possible or more importantly how difficult would it be to pull the frames out and remove the glass and have the frames powder coated? Or does anyone have any other ideas of how to make the frames look better? Also the carpet in the PH and the cabin has a lot of stains, most of it from rusting stainless steel bolts and nuts. Is there any way to clean it w/o having to remove and replace it?

Woody Wax has a kit that helps and we used in on the window frames. http://www.woody-wax.com/woody-wax-kit.php Follow the instructions. Use fine bronze wool very lightly to knock back the corrosion. Dont press too hard since you really dont want to polish off anodized finish. Then use then use the sealant. I put a coat of sealant on the inside of the frames twice a year and it stopped any further corrosion. We also have the aluminum seat pedestals and i use it on that too since they dont have to shine.

Our carpet was getting dirty and we never really cleaned it over the years. So this spring we took everything out, put covered the dash with plastic, soaked all the carpet then sprayed a strong mixture on oxyclean in a pump sprayer and let it sit. Then hosed it all off again and put fans in to help dry it out. Came out great. If oyu have some bad rust stains you may need spot treat those too. Carpet came out great and boat smells cleaner too.

Thanks for the info fellows. I think I am going the woody wax way to start with, if that does not do well enough I will be going the Wynne route. Also going to try the oxy clean method on the carpet. If nothing else it will help with the moldy smell in the cabin.

I used a garden sprayer with a bleach / water mixture to clean the carpet in my 2110 shortly after I bought it. Just like with the oxy clean recommended above. Spray it on, let it sit a few minutes, and hose it off. It turned out great! Just another suggestion, hope it helps.

Back