window and gauge pitting

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Need some ideas on what to do to clean up pitted areas on inside window frames and gauges on , really don't want to break seals on windows , would like to clean them up would like some input if anyone knows anything,

Some pictures would be helpful. If it is surface corrosion you could probably polish it off. If it's deeper you may need to do a little sanding then polishing.

If the pitting is through the anodizing and into the aluminum frame I doubt there is much you can do besides clean it up a bit. My windows are at this point or beyond. I'm probably just going to replace my windows eventually as they are a bit unsightly.

If the pitting is through the anodizing and into the aluminum frame I doubt there is much you can do besides clean it up a bit. My windows are at this point or beyond. I'm probably just going to replace my windows eventually as they are a bit unsightly.
sound like mine .

You can't get rid of the pitting but can prevent it from getting worse. Remember-the anodized finish protects the metal. If you get to aggressive you will remove the anodizing completely from the entire frame, which at first will look good but since the metal has no "built in" protection anymore will corrode and pit even faster unless meticulously maintained.

Woody's Wax makes a metal restorer kit. This helped make the frames look a little better and has prevented further pitting. Follow the instructions and I don't even buff off the metal restorer. I also use this on the aluminum seat posts, frame of helm seats etc. inside the pilot house and it has worked great.

http://woody-wax.com/woody-wax-kit.php

Back