Windshield Crazing

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papasown

Reaction score
Maybe someone can give me good advice, here. The windshield on my 2007 23se is getting little stars, and small things that appear to be cracks on the curves. When the sunlight comes through them, they limit vision, not badly, yet, but I'm wondering if there is a fix for this, without replacement. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you...........Papa

I don't think there is anything you can do about it. In order to bend the acrylic to the shape of the windshield, they heat it. That is why the crazing happens it is a result of heating the acrylic. My guess is it will continue to get worse until you decide to replace it, then the cycle will start again.

I don't think that would be a stock item, cause all consoles are different sizes. I'll ask arond the boat yards if there is a fabricator available in central NJ, although I can remove it at the end of season and bring it anywhere. Thanks for your input, guys. Gotta go, we're just starting our striper run in the Manasquan Inlet area. Catch 'em up...............Papa

I have found that some auto glaziers will make up a windshield for you if not available from mfg'r.

Thanks again for your input guys, and Bryan, that updplastics.com, company certainly has the products. Thank you, again, guys.

Bryan 2530":2wffpg4f said:
http://www.updplastics.com/

here is a good tip

Many people make the mistake of using Windex or other such cleaners on their new windshield. Never use chemicals such as Windex, RainX or even vinegar to clean a plexiglas boat windshield. These chemicals will destroy the acrylic of plasticizers that help the Plexiglas remain somewhat pliable, and it’s this elasticity that helps prevent crazing and cracking. This strictly voids the manufacturers warrantee!

Use a gentle soap, such as Meguiar’s Gel Wash, Mothers Wash’n Wax or Star brite Sea Safe Boat Wash — along with lots of water. Polish acrylic windscreens with a plastic polish, such as Mothers Marine Power Plastic, Meguiar’s PlastX or Star brite Plastic Polish Restorer. These specially formulated polishes help restore and seal in the plexiglas’ moisture and protect against UV deterioration — another threat that can shorten any windscreen’s service life.

Back