Windshield grommets

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonas grumby

Reaction score
I have been replacing the windshield grommets on my 1801, with faucet washers for the past few years, part of yearly maintenance. I am wondering if there is an alternative as the washer only handles the area between windshield and console and not the O/D of screw to I/D of hole area.

This might be difficult to see, but the teak and other fasteners around the helm use what I call 'finish washers'.
They allow the use of beveled screws to give a finished look. Maybe someone else here can give the proper name...
Anyway, would this work for you?

Image-0B0288F859B911DC.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I do use the "beauty washers" as well. I have factory spacers between the plexiglass and console then a faucet washer between the beauty washers and plexiglas and screw in the middle. What I am looking for is something that inserts inside the screw-hole in the windshield and goes between the screw and plexiglass. The factory rubber pieces had a step that inserted into the inside diameter of the hole.

Roger that. Thanks but I am the guy whom retreads windshield wiper blades and was looking for a cheaper option. :lol: The factory grommets didn't last but a year anyway.

Latest posts

Back