Windshield Treatment

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Jim

Reaction score
Many of the charter captains use Rain X on their glass windshields and the visibility on wet days is greatly improved. Any ideas what to use for the plexi windshields on the Parkers?

Don't know how it works on plastic, but PPG has a new product out called Aquapel that is like Rain-x, but is supposed to last 6 months. Google it and see what you think. I'm testing it on my boat and cars.

I've never been a fan of RainX but recently I was instructed to do the following:

Use "soft scrub" to clean the window.....do it twice and rinse completly. DO NOT use anything with an ammonia base like windex.

Apply (2) coats of rainx......use a small paper towel as the applicator....NO RAGS......after each coat let it dry then buff again with a paper towel....these instructions I got during a phone call with the Rainx distributor in Texas.

I did this on my truck and it has worked very well. They also told me if I'm not happy with the results that soft scrub would remove it.

Haven't done this on my Parker! The issue is using Rainx on plexi.

I tried RejeX, which Dale had mentioned some time in the past on this forum. It seems to have worked just fine on the pexiglass on my 21SE, as well as on the fiberglass.

Oscar":hcfi5s8f said:
I tried RejeX, which Dale had mentioned some time in the past on this forum.
Yes, but I use RejeX on the hull, not on the Plexiglass. Or, it was someone else who recommended it on the Plexi. Maybe I should try it on the smoke-colored rear windows ...

One other tip ...

I bought a can of simple 'fog free' solution at the dollar store for the INSIDE of the glass windows. Cleaned the windows well with Windex with vinegar in it, then applied the 'fog free' as per their instructions. It works great!

Back