Winter FLounder

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ppem45

Reaction score
I got a chance to get out for a short while on Monday and caught one Winter Flounder (WF) after a long time since catching one. I started thinking about the WF population and I could remember when there was a catfood plant in Gallilee RI and there were so many WF that they used to use them for catfood. Needless to say it depleted the population and therefor the Narragansett Bay in RI has been closed for many years. Anyway it has been 42 years since I have caught a WF and there were 3 of us and it was the only bite and only fish to be caught. Felt good to be out there!

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 77
Reminds me of the some of the old stories regarding lobster. Supposedly, a few hundred years ago, they used them as fertilizer and they were added to food for the livestock.

And they also fed Lobsters to the slaves, they thought they were not suitable for white people, boy were they wrong. They sure must have felt like idiot when they discovered how good they are

Back