Winter On Long Island

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hugs Tug

Reaction score
After looking at the boat in the backyard this morning, I decided to take a ride and look at the beautiful area that we hold to so dearly here in New York.

img1977i.jpg

This is the entrance to Gull Pond where I keep the boat docked in Greenport.

img1852u.jpg

This is the town ramp inside Gull Pond

img1871d.jpg

This is the dock that my boat is tied up at. It is at a private house with running water and electric.

img1891h.jpg

Looking up inside Gull Pond.

img1911k.jpg

This is a view of Robins Island. It is located in the middle of Great Peconic Bay and is privately owned by a wealthy Hedge Fund investor. The owner at various times during the year has private hunts on the island to include Pheasant and Red Stag.

img1953b.jpg

This is one of the vessels that carry supplies, materials and trucks to and from the island.

img1948zr.jpg

The other boats to the right of the landing craft are newer to the fleet. The past vessels were Parker extended pilot houses.

img1941v.jpg

This is in the Town of New Suffolk, aquaint community with its own heritage. In this little Hamlet was the first U.S. navy submarine base.

img1926v.jpg

The shoreline off the old submarine base.

img1970i.jpg

Enjoy,
Tom

The NorthFork of LI is one of the prettiest places in the country. Everytime I visit I admire the beauty. It's relatively untouched and spoiled like the Hamptons.

As a child we vacationed near Southold/Cuthogue. My boat is located 14 miles due North of Mattituck inlet. I always look forward to the ride inside the Mattituck Harbor.

love that area here is some info:

It was Sovereign soil of england the it was :
POSTINGS; A BATTLE BUILDS FOR Robbins Island

Published: October 2, 1983
map of Robins Island

Since it was deeded by King Charles I to the Earl of Sterling in 1615 not much has changed on Robins Island, except its price. The 440-acre island in the middle of Peconic Bay at the end of Long Island is still mainly a wilderness but it is on the market now for $10.8 million.

The island is owned by the Southold Development Corporation which bought it four years ago for $1.35 million.

While the property remains in a state of suspended quiet there has been an often-noisy battle over it recently.

Some preservationists want Suffolk County to buy the island to block development. Dinsmore Adams, a lawyer for one potential developer, says ''development has been held back because of politics.''

The island is zoned for single-family detached residential use on 10 acre plots. Zoning changes would be required for any other use.

But if there is no development yet, there also is little chance the county is going to snap up Robins Island.

''The is no way I could recommend buying at that price,'' says Lee E. Koppelman, director of the Suffolk County Planning Department. ''For $10.8 million I could buy 3,000 to 4,000 acres of farmland and preserve it.''

I am a builder and as far as i know now its still in court due to status......

I am told it will be purchased by state soon !!!!!

lol

Back