Winter Projects 06-07

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuddahB

Reaction score
Here's a few winter projects done during the off season layup. Most untested until spring 07 launch.

Bow roller with windlass, replace original 1500 GPH bilge pump with dual 2000 GPH pumps. (add additional thru hull to accomodate additional pump), LED navigational lights, GUEST battery charger, Cobra engine cavitation plate fin, Ancor pop-up cleats towards aft. Add BLue Seas hot wire fuse blocks. Only one shown in rear bilge. Other one under center console for use for things like fm radio memory. Center console block not shown because of shrink wrap. :lol:

ps Please excuse dirty bilges during layup. I promise things are much neater during boating season... :roll:

Attachments

• Anchor-roller.jpg
    Anchor-roller.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,312
  • dual-bilge-pumps-1.jpg
    dual-bilge-pumps-1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,312
  • windlass-LED-lights.jpg
    windlass-LED-lights.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,312
  • battcharge-1.jpg
    battcharge-1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,312
  • Cobra-fin.jpg
    Cobra-fin.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,312
  • large-foward-popup.jpg
    large-foward-popup.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,312
It's not short, just pulled in way too tight. Actually has a couple inches clearance when properly stowed...

Lewmar Pro Fish, great choice.... I have one on my boat. :D The Cobra Pro should eliminate the need to replace the tabs. Adding one to my Yamaha made quite a difference.

Question: you have the undersized Lenco's built into thre hull, as do I, does Bennett make tabs that will fit in the space that are oversized?

I have no idea about a Bennett product which would fit in it's place. My concern doing a replacement is the indent space where the current tabs fit underneath the hull. I would think you would first have to get the hull bottom flat first before adding any larget tabs which are larger and are mounted on the transom. My current tabs probably only stick out about 4" inches past the transom now because are mounted from underneath and foward. I'm sure hoping the Cobra plate I installed has a positive affect on handling once I get it launched this spring... :roll: :?:

Brian, CP member GW204 modified the Bennett tabs on his previous boat by adding Bennett "drop fins" to his tabs. These are retro-fit drop fins like the ones incorporated in Bennetts M80 and M120 'sport tabs'.

Drop the other Brian a PM and ask him where he got his fins. They might just be an option for you to increase the efficiency of your pocketed tabs.

IMG_0363.jpg

These things worked wonders for my old boat! Inexpensive and very easy to install. I would have to say they increased the effectiveness of the existing tabs 200%.

I image you would have to have them welded on to pocketed tabs though. They are supposed to be mounted with machine screws and nuts, which may interfere with your ability to completely retract the tabs.

Back