winterizing fuel system 175 yamaha

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bemidji60

Reaction score
pulled fuel line after primary water fuel seperator put in can of gas yamaha fogging ran it a bit . then put fuel line back on and changed fuel water seperator,but didnt fill it with fuel .Can i just keep pumping fuel line bulb or is air in line going to be a issue.im trying to learn to be more knowledgable when issues arise thanks

Can i just keep pumping fuel line bulb or is air in line going to be a issue. I'm trying to learn to be more knowledgeable when issues arise thanks

This is the problem with the squeeze ball between filter and motor. It takes forever and your hand will wear out.

The squeeze balls are designed to Push.....Not suck.

I install the Squeeze ball between the Tank and Filter. It hardly takes any effort to fill the filter and push the fuel onto the engine.

Yes I know they are rigged ALL the time between the filter and engine.

So it is best to fill the filter 3/4 full before installing it. BUT.....Some boats this is a ROYAL PITA!

In the day of carberated 2 strokes if you didn't squeeze the ball till it was hard Before cranking the engine it would not start.

Todays Fuel injected engines have a low pressure fuel pump feeding a High Pressure fuel pump. Cycling the key several times can fill the fuel filter....+ it has fuel in the reservoir that the high pressure pump is in and will start.

I run Non Ethanol ALL the time....I add Stabil ALL the time. You never know what will happen and can not use the boat...Then it sits up and with Ethanol fuel you can get fuel separation in 30 days.

Back