wiper blades...cheap fix

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rplas48

Reaction score
I have a 2120 SC and replaced the original 12 inch wiper blades with 14 inch Trico Teflon blades #15-140. The bayonet arm fits perfectly with no need for adapters. Aid auto stores has these on sale for $8 with a $5 rebate for a pair. Final cost $11. The new blades work great and cover a little larger area.

Ray

Good information Ray!
Thanks!

Now if I could just keep the wiper motors from going bad... :evil:

Oh that is Great information,i just replace mine on my 2120 with oringal and got them west marine and it was like $30 or so for the pair i think!!!But now you said that these work better i am going to get them and try it out i like that you say covers more area i also have Rain-X on front windows work awesome!!!

Nothing about my former 2520XL infuriated me more than those damned cheesy wiper blades. After replace a set at outrageous prices from West, I, too, opted for the autostore solution. Better blades there, and cheaper prices, too.

Keith FDNY
Been trying to send you a reply to your message but can not send it for some reason. Give me a call.

Ray

I've gone through a wiper blade a year, so I finally went to Pep Boys and got a 14" Trico blade. Plugged right onto the bayonet. If they work on cars with salt covered roads in the winter, they should work fine on my 2510.

Dave

aka

Just an FYI, a set of Trico 13-1 Exact Fit wiper blades seem to work just fine on my 2520. Cost was $8.95 each at a local Parts Plus store.

Megabyte":3gih0t70 said:
Good information Ray!
Thanks!

Now if I could just keep the wiper motors from going bad... :evil:

You CAN rebuild the wiper motors.
What I found was that the dab of grease on the end bearing of the armature liquifies with cabin heat and does two things, stalls the motor since it cant spin properly, and fouls the brushes. A careful cleaning and a good glob of high temp grease solved the problem. I did mine last year and they work fine again.
Another one for the winter project list.

Back