Would like to see a P79 and M260 Picture in a 2520XL

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evetsmd

Reaction score
Another xducer question? Does anyone have a picture of an Airmar P79 and an M260 installed in a 2520XL.

did someone say a picture is worth a 1000 words?

I'm going to move in this direction shortly and I'm just trying to get as much info as I can.

Thanks to all....

You can also search the "Projects" forum by keyword 'transducer' and see quite a few project photos of multiple member installations.
Transom mount, shoot through, and through hull have all been covered.

Are you refering to the one that you drill a 2" hole and screw the nut on, and has a glass type finish on the bottom side of the boat, if so, I have one and you can see it in my post of the bait tank plumbing, it is below the 1 1/2 Brass 90 :)

OK I posted a PM to 96TL. I plan to do a shoot thru installation, not thru hull. Yes there are a lot of pictures of installs but after looking and reading, unless I just missed it, I'm looking for specific pictures of the P79 and an M260 installed in a 2520xl.

Thanks for everyones inputs!

Steve

Is this what you are looking for?

Also.... from what I know now... mounting a thru hull is very easy and I would do it without worry.... but untill you've drilled a big hole in your hull it is a bit intimidating.

transducer.jpg

Mine sits in the bilge with a sand bag sitting on the top of it. It seems to work fine. This is how it came to me. Are there any disadvantages to doing this vs the big hole in the bottom of the boat?

Parkerman":2ooprfi4 said:
Mine sits in the bilge with a sand bag sitting on the top of it. It seems to work fine. This is how it came to me. Are there any disadvantages to doing this vs the big hole in the bottom of the boat?

None that the average user will notice.

Is your transducer attached in any other way other than the sandbag?

No but the previous owner (my father) told me that once I decided it worked OK I could epoxy it down to the floor of the bildge. It is time to do that as the sand bag broke this past season and there seems to be sand everywhere. Kinda like the floor of my beach house. :D

Back