• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: Parker 2120 w/f200, willing to spend up to 16k - FOUND!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roccus

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to see what Parker 2120s we’re out there with the F200 motor? I have a budget of up to $16,000 for the right boat. Ideally something with under 1000 hours on boat and motor, and maintained by a marina etc. A trailer is not necessary. Any leads are appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Thank you for the fast replies and info, I was hoping to spend closer to 15k but think I could stretch to 18 for the right boat. I’ve got a few leads now (many thanks!) but really hoping to find one with the f200 and not the 150. So any ideas are appreciated.

Like mentioned above. It’s possible to find one in that price range but very unlikely, they tend to hold their value but deals do come up occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you to everyone here! Just picked up this 2003 2120, had been marina maintained it’s whole life and has 690 hours, so hopefully a lot more life left in the f200. They did the exhaust job in 2017 as a preemptive measure so that was nice to see as well, and had all records going back to the dealer invoice. We steamed it across Nantucket sound yesterday and though choppy it handles it just fine.

Attachments

• B899A800-86D7-44F3-B29D-42636DD3EAB0.jpeg
    B899A800-86D7-44F3-B29D-42636DD3EAB0.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 784
A few more pics.

Attachments

• 9DE0FB1B-F2DD-4BEE-B48C-D4DD9F6908D6.jpeg
    9DE0FB1B-F2DD-4BEE-B48C-D4DD9F6908D6.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 737
  • 3828AA93-59F6-41F4-98B4-ADAB8328A035.jpeg
    3828AA93-59F6-41F4-98B4-ADAB8328A035.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 737
Thanks! I was able to spend a bit under my budget on it, but got closer to my max after taxes and buying a trailer.

I’ll start a new thread for the fixes/upgrades. So far the Horn seems to have been mounted without sealant, and leaks a little where the wires penetrate the cabin roof (roof is still nice and solid around it) and the tilt/trim are a little slow to respond, perhaps lack of hydraulic fluid. But I steamed it for 2 hours without any hiccups back home, a rough ride to be sure but never felt unsafe.

Attachments

• BA2A1D58-1D1C-4423-BFE9-30E598A3F93B.jpeg
    BA2A1D58-1D1C-4423-BFE9-30E598A3F93B.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 624
Adress that roof! I did a re core on mine 2 years ago. I had penetrations that leaked and compromised the core (rotted). The best way to be sure it won’t happen is to drill a larger hole than needed the fill with epoxy. Once hardened drill the needed hole thru the epoxy. This way if your sealant fails (and it will someday) the core is protected.

mheltunen":33xcix43 said:
Adress that roof! I did a re core on mine 2 years ago. I had penetrations that leaked and compromised the core (rotted). The best way to be sure it won’t happen is to drill a larger hole than needed the fill with epoxy. Once hardened drill the needed hole thru the epoxy. This way if your sealant fails (and it will someday) the core is protected.

Thanks! Good call, I’ve got the boat covered for the season, will check for moisture and fill the hole in over the winter. Everything else is really well installed and sealed, and from the records it looks like this install was recent, hopefully not much moisture beyond the immediate area.

If you check my posts you will see what I needed to do to mine. Fun project and a good learning experience

saltyfish":23c4t8ar said:
If the radar and windlass are fully functional, you made out like a bandit!

Enjoy.

Thanks! They are functioning. The radar is quite old, it’s from 2003, but worked great on the way back home. Im wondering if I can send the radar signal through a modern gps plotter like a simrad go 7 and get it to display on that. Their customer service seemed confident it would work as long as I can get the radar to output from an Ethernet cable. I’m kind of skeptical but know next to nothing about electronics.

The windlass install looked clean from what I could see. They cut a hole for the chain to feed in, but epoxied all around it so no wood was left exposed.

I was given a pair of wishbone outriggers for it. Should should I drill the holes and pack with 5200? Or do oversized holes, and fill with epoxy and then drill through that? I’m thinking epoxy is the best way to do it since I assume that the sides of the pilot house are wood cored. I suppose I should start a new thread for this.

Attachments

• F4E609EF-07F9-4687-AAA2-1892EB65F5DB.jpeg
    F4E609EF-07F9-4687-AAA2-1892EB65F5DB.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 384
Unless you want to deal with issues later I would drill and epoxy the holes, then drill thru the epoxy for a complete seal of the core material.

Back