• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: Raised Electronics Box & Windsheild for 23SE CC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitecap

Reaction score
Looking to buy the raised electronics box and windsheild for a 2000 23SE CC (See attached picture). The boat did not come with these now standard options.

Will also be selling current windsheild and SS grabrail (Once new box, windsheild and T-top installed).

Thanks,
Kevin

Attachments

• BOX.jpg
    BOX.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 889
I would bet that you can get that part from the factory through your dealer if you want a new part. Just give your dealer the HIN so they can match up the correct part.

Don't know that I have ever seen one taken off and sold as used, though I suppose it could happen.

I bought my 2001 23 SE in Jan 2002 after it had been used by the first owner for one season. It had the short console. I had my Parker dealer order and install the taller console with electronics box. The old windshield and rail do not fit the taller version so I had to replace that too.

I ended up giving away the old windshield and railing to a guy who was fixing up an old center console. He has since seen the light, and now owns a 21 SE.

Attachments

• Resize of IMGP1394.JPG
    Resize of IMGP1394.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 867
  • Resize of IMGP1380.JPG
    Resize of IMGP1380.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 867
Whitecap said:
Looking to buy the raised electronics box and windsheild for a 2000 23SE CC (See attached picture). The boat did not come with these now standard options.

Kevin,
I am in the same situation for my 23SE. If you find a place to get the box and windshield, let me know.
Thank You, -Bill

The added electronics box looks great.

It looks like this is a dealer only item, unless someone knows who makes them, I don't think Parker would fabricate theses themselves.

Anyway, ordered from the dealer the electronics box and windsheild are supposed to be in the $500 range.
I'll find out exactly over the weekend.

Thanks to all replied,
Kevin

Hi,

John Veil, on your electronics box install was the box dry set or was 5200 installed around the edges?

Anybody else install one of these electronics boxes?

Just got my electronics box and windsheild from the dealer, plan to install soon.

Thanks,
Kevin

Personal opinion...

5200 isn't nescessary as you are not protecting a core material, the item is not below the waterline, and you do not need the tremendous adhesive quality that 5200 brings with it.

All you are doing with this item is keeping water out from between the two surfaces, so a bead of silicone sealant is all that is needed along with a couple of mechanical fasteners.

Whitecap":17pjyt8b said:
Hi,

John Veil, on your electronics box install was the box dry set or was 5200 installed around the edges?

Anybody else install one of these electronics boxes?

Just got my electronics box and windsheild from the dealer, plan to install soon.

Thanks,
Kevin

I don't know how they attached it -- maybe with bolts. I don't recall any obvious bead of caulk or other adhesive. In any case, I just put the boat away for the winter and won't see it again until next Spring.

From memory...the electronics cabinet is secured to console with (maybe) 12 very small wood screws. They screw into the wood backing that forms the top of console. I would definately use 5200 to form a bond between console and electronics cabinet. I had reason to remove my cabinet at one time and found it to be installed by Parker w/5200.

IF your new cabinet is not drilled for screws, I would install ONLY with 5200. There is a very nice "overlap" which should hold 5200 nicely.

Needless to say, my electronic cabinet removal project was unsuccessful. :D

I bought my console extension from Edwards Boatyard on Cape. It's cost was $669.06 which included shipping.
It is secured with 5200 and the Parker supplied screws. I wanted the box to be as secure as possible to the helm hence the 5200.

Back