XXL Shaft Verado on a 1995 2520...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Parker I've purchased and am running has a Mercury Verado 250 that runs great, but it is an XXL shaft. This means it is 8 inches longer than it should be... :shock:
Honestly the motor runs great, the boat handles decently, but I know from my previous boats getting the motor set up correctly should make a big difference in cruising speed, etc. I'm looking here to see if anyone has had to overcome such a significant difference. The thoughts I have are trying to find a fixed jackplate that can raise the motor 8 inches, possibly replacing the midsection but that is obviously going to be expensive. This problem bothers me, but I'm not sure it bothers me for 3 or 4 grand.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

I would think you have a 25 in shaft and this would be a 30 in. Could prolly remove the space change the driveshaft shift linkage and water tube. I would give your local need dealer a call with the s/n for a price to convert it. They could possible have some of the parts you need as take offs

Someone got a Deal on the Wrong motor.

So was it "Really" a deal? You have excessive Drag with that Extra Long Shaft. Sorry....Don't know what to tell you.
I don't mes with Merc's.......But I can tell you this.....It will probably be Very expensive to fix.

Back