Yabbaa-Daba-Do...............Parker2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yabbaa

Reaction score
How`s it going. First timer here. I`m having some cooling problems with my engine. I don`t know if I`m in the right area or not here. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it..................

Yep.....2005, Yamaha, 250, 4 stroke with only about 700 hrs. Replaced impeller complete, anodes and thermostats. It`s seems to be running cool but spikes up enough to set the alarm off.............. any help, any idea would be appreciated...........Thanks.

Well yaaabbbaa dabbba doooo to you man! Your excitement is contagious!
Also have a 2320.

I am sorry to say that your year, motor is suspect for the dreaded dry exhaust corrosion.

Google it. It's the yamaha 3.3 liter motors from 2000-2012.

I would not continue to run it until your yamaha mechanic drops the lower unit and bore scopes the dry exhaust plate. I had it happen on a 2005 3.3 liter 225 motor.
It IS fixable if caught early ( about $2200 at your yamaha tech shop). But, if it is too far gone, it can corrode the power head.
Better get it professionally examined then go from there.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that motor is highly suspect.

Wow.......wasn`t expecting that but it did happen to a friends 225 hp. Good advice, thanks for the help. I will be posting the results.

Well yaaabbbaa dabbba doooo to you man! Your excitement is contagious!
Also have a 2320.

I am sorry to say that your year, motor is suspect for the dreaded dry exhaust corrosion.

Google it. It's the yamaha 3.3 liter motors from 2000-2012.

I would not continue to run it until your yamaha mechanic drops the lower unit and bore scopes the dry exhaust plate. I had it happen on a 2005 3.3 liter 225 motor.
It IS fixable if caught early ( about $2200 at your yamaha tech shop). But, if it is too far gone, it can corrode the power head.
Better get it professionally examined then go from there.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that motor is highly suspect.

Ok.....so I dropped the lower unit and sent a pic to boat yard. 700 hours and I found this....... well couldn`t post the pic however all was well. I will look into my water pump a little further maybe I have a pinched o ring or something overlooked.

Check your T-stats. A stuck closed T-stat will cause over heating. Just put them in boiling water and if they don't open up, that's your problem.

Thanks for the advice Phil...........even though I did replace them, it would not be the first time I got a new/faulty part right out of the box. At this point I`m pretty thankful the dry exhaust was in good shape. Will get the modification/upgrade when I have the timing belt done. Whatever this problem is that I`m having......I will post the fix when I`m done. It seems as though this engine is notorious for this very problem. PS.....there`s a pic of my dry exhaust.

Attachments

• IMG-4856.jpg
    IMG-4856.jpg
    738.5 KB · Views: 41
That picture looks good. Truly, the only way to completely evaluate the dry exhaust is by removing the powerhead and inspecting. But, w/ that picture and how clean it looks, I would NOT do that. I would chase simple solutions. What a relief!

Back