Yamaha 225 Salt Water Series II problem

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom,

You helped me this past summer with changing the LP pumps, cleaning the vst and o2 sensor. I probably need to tackle the t-stats this year since they are still original (1999). How does this job compare? The other 3 jobs were pretty much a piece of cake.

T-Stats are the easiest of the bunch. Two or three bolts each, make sure you order replacement gaskets and you are good to go. 5 minutes tops.

-- Tom

Do poppits come with the t-stats, or do you need to order them separately?

Separate. I think there's only one poppit, at least that's the way it is on F-225.

TimC2520":1q2f5l4t said:
Whats a Poppit ?????? :?:

"Poppit" used in a sentence...

DeShawn ease up to the unsuspecting tourist and say "Hey big man, lemme hold your wallet or I'll POPPIT a cap in your azz".

If I'm not mistaken the poppit valve allows water pressure to build in the block so the entire cooling systems fills up with water and you don't even up with air pockets at the top....or something like that.

It's kind of a pain the neck to change, but it's good preventative maintenance. 225 OX66 has it on the block right under the ECU. You gotta move some hoses and wires to get to it and you need a universal joint for your ratchet.

Your 25' Parker is clearly underpowered with only a 225HP motor. That's half the problem. 10 Micron primary filter is a given these days. What percentage of ALCOHOL is in your fuel? How old is the fuel? Gas loses ONE OCTANE NUMBER PER WEEK when it is "stored" Do you use Fuel stabilizer. Ring Free: anything?!?
I understand that E15 fuel is being sold back east. That is DEATH on an outboard. Does not sound to me that filters will cure your problem.

Back