Yamaha Black Steel Prop Polishing

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Porkchunker":1iiteodi said:
The AFTER picture looks enticing to a thief. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe -that's- why they stamped his name into the prop! Less likely to get boosted if they see his name on it? :wink:

Actually, stamping his name in even BIGGER letters on it wouldn't be such a bad idea, in case the would-be thief has poor eyesight. :shock:

Which brings up a good point. Anyone ever use a "prop-lock" to secure their propeller? I've seen a few different types for sale over the years, but I have never seen any in use.

I would be afraid the locking mechanism would get rusted or dinged, and throw the balance off.

cbigma":3layjvyh said:
Which brings up a good point. Anyone ever use a "prop-lock" to secure their propeller? I've seen a few different types for sale over the years, but I have never seen any in use.

I would be afraid the locking mechanism would get rusted or dinged, and throw the balance off.

Ive used prop locks before with excellent results. Never ran into a problem getting them off, always worked flawlessly. Use the same set for 4 years....no issues! It was made by McGuard.

Not all are keyed alike. You can get them keyed alike if you want. I believe that you might find some keyed alike in a store (#'s on package) but i know me and a freind had them at the same time and mine would not unlock his.

Good info. The technology looked a lot like some of the lug-nut locks they used to sell in the 80's, which were not all that secure because they were pretty much universally keyed. I guess they are using a different mechanism on this prop-lock technology.

You can find them out there online for about $50. Seems like cheap enough insurance. Peace of mind if you have an expensive shiny prop and keep it in an area prone to mischief. 8)

Latest posts

Back