Yamaha Command Line NEMA/MFD split

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miker1234

Reaction score
Question about splitting the NEMA2000 command link.

The current configuration has a connector coming out of the multi hub and an adapter to nema 2000 which plugs in to the back of the CL7 (I’m pretty sure the CL7 is what I have, but I don’t have the boat near me)

If I unplug the NEMA 2000 from the CL7, can I plug it in to the Nema 2000 backbone and then use a dropper cable from the NEMA2000 backbone to the CL7 to split the data so I can view it on the CL7 and the Simrad MFD?

Attachments

• 4FB953AA-A77F-4537-B34E-D6CFB183D7C7.jpeg
    4FB953AA-A77F-4537-B34E-D6CFB183D7C7.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Your proposed looks correct.
I looked at my set up again. I cant plug the NEMA from the command link into the NEMA2000 backbone because female. The CL7 is male. I’ve seen male-male couplers so I can make the connection, then use the dropper cable to the command link. Have you seen this before?

"Some" connector's while not many are Priporitory in NEMA. Thinking back....I belive I did have to do that once, with the Male-Male connector.

I looked at my set up again. I cant plug the NEMA from the command link into the NEMA2000 backbone because female. The CL7 is male. I’ve seen male-male couplers so I can make the connection, then use the dropper cable to the command link. Have you seen this before?
I have a Simrad and a Yamaha on another boat. My setup required a plug from the Yamaha buss to a gateway and from the gateway to the NMEA backbone. Every manufacturer wants to make money along the way. Quite frankly after all was said and done I rely on the Yamaha module more than the info on the Simrad. I have had the Simrad for a year and a half and hate it. It is not very intuitive and a bit cumbersome. I know that there are probably many that like the Simrad. Perhaps it is more about what you were indoctinated on. I added an additional Garmin and use each for different information, but still use the Yamaha module for engine info.

Yea... Having had a setup with a engine page on the MDF..Neat to look at, but not really useful. Why is That?

Because a MDF for most of us is Mapping and Fish finding.... Bring the Engine page up and you have neither.
With the gauges out now...all the info is right there in a 4in square box.

With that said...I just worked on a boat that showed Full Tank all the time.
I had redone the dash on this boat a couple of years ago.... New panel, New switches, new gauges.

But since then he repowered with a Df200 Suzy and the tack was replaced with a Suzuki SMG4 Multi function gauge.

After some digonistic work and head scratching... When I unplugged the wires that were undone from the analog fuel gauge and were hooked to the multifunction unit. The gauge still showed FULL with no wires hooked up.

Hooked them back to the analog and he could go fishing.

So..It looks like a warranty on the Multifunction gauge....
He has it scheduled for 1st service....But typically... This dealer is 3 to 4 weeks out.

Yea... Having had a setup with a engine page on the MDF..Neat to look at, but not really useful. Why is That?

Because a MDF for most of us is Mapping and Fish finding.... Bring the Engine page up and you have neither.
With the gauges out now...all the info is right there in a 4in square box.

With that said...I just worked on a boat that showed Full Tank all the time.
I had redone the dash on this boat a couple of years ago.... New panel, New switches, new gauges.

But since then he repowered with a Df200 Suzy and the tack was replaced with a Suzuki SMG4 Multi function gauge.

After some digonistic work and head scratching... When I unplugged the wires that were undone from the analog fuel gauge and were hooked to the multifunction unit. The gauge still showed FULL with no wires hooked up.

Hooked them back to the analog and he could go fishing.

So..It looks like a warranty on the Multifunction gauge....
He has it scheduled for 1st service....But typically... This dealer is 3 to 4 weeks out.
I was considering not using it. Seems like too much trouble.

The Yamaha information coming out of the hub is proprietary to Yamaha. It can only be read with a Yamaha CL Display or other Yamaha Command Link gauges. You would need a Yamaha gateway to translate to NEMA 2000. The photo is a custom combo on a Simrad. It took about 30 seconds to set up and was one of many choices. You only need one gateway even with multiple motors. Assuming all your MFDs are part of the same backbone all the information would show up on any display.

Attachments

• Simrad.jpg
    Simrad.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back