Yamaha F-150 TXRD Balancer Replacment.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bean

Reaction score
Hi Guy's yes I have a whiner anybody replace one of these yourself how hard is it.
" Bean "

A buddy of mine needs one and has asked me to help with it. Here's what I've learned so far-

Shop quoted ~$900 parts and labor (about 4 hours)
Shop quoted ~$450 parts only
There is no Yamaha service manual or written procedure, only exploded views and torque specs

Don't think any special tools are required, anyone know?

I figure 3 guys should be able to figure this out in a long day.

If it were mine I'd be dragging it to the shop! Never touched a 4S Yam before...

Thanks Guy's that looks like I can handle that. I am pretty good with directions nice that flywheel does not have to be pulled.
" Bean "

Wow, that looks a lot simpler than I was lead to believe! Timing the balancer seems like the most difficult part. I think I might set it with the old one on per the instructions so I know exactly how to put the new one on.

Was just quoted about $350 for the parts- balancer assy, two half moon seals- but this was through our corporate account, may not be the same as street prices.

Thanks Brad,
I just ordered from SIM $ 374.00 including shipping. I will post after I install.
" Bean "

We did the replacement over the weekend. Took about two hours with two semi-mechanical guys taking our time.

Everything was really straightforward. Only tricky part is moving the electronics housing on the port side of the motor out of the way enough to get access to a couple of the bolts. Take the harness off the clips under the flywheel on the stbd side to make more room.

We were kinda paranoid about setting up the timing but it was actually very easy. You can rotate the flywheel by hand til the marks line up. We rotated it a few time with the old one on and the new one on to make sure everything was good.

I would not use too much of the Locktite S518 gasket maker (crosses to Permatex 51813 at NAPA)...when they say thin coat it needs a THIN coat.

Any specific questions? Let me know.

Back