Yamaha F150 tilt issue

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hook Shot

Reaction score
My tilt had been acting up recently, and yesterday it got stuck on full tilt. I loosened the screw on the port side of the bracket to let it down. It will go up and down, but it won’t hold position when tilted up. I tried adding fluid but couldn’t get a lot in there on the lift. I lowered it into the water to bring the bow down but it still didn’t take much, if any, fluid. I checked the portside screw that I had loosened, but it was snug. It will go up and down at about normal speed, but I have to use the lock to get it to stay up. Does this sound like a ram or pump issue? Is there anything else to try before calling in a mechanic?

Work the release screw in and out a few times you may have some debris in the seat, it needs to be really tight sometimes. I'll bet its not sealing and bypassing internally. Use the largest screwdriver you can fit, the slotted heads get chewed up easily.

Work the release screw in and out a few times you may have some debris in the seat, it needs to be really tight sometimes. I'll bet its not sealing and bypassing internally. Use the largest screwdriver you can fit, the slotted heads get chewed up easily.
Thought I would try that before hauling it to the shop. I bought a new screwdriver with a bigger slotted head.

Back