Yamaha F150 trim indicator

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rplas48

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Yamaha F150. The "bars" on the engine trim indicator at times will go up or down by themselves. I usually set the trim at 4 and the bars will jump 1 or two levels, either up or down. Most of the time it remains where I set it. I checked the plastic ring at the engine and it is tight. Any ideas.
Thanks

Ray

My trim problem was in the setting on my Yamaha square Tach gauge. Have the programming instructions written down in my boat but not here. I fooled with the plastic ring till I cried uncle to Yamaha. Could also be the trim gauge, but if you have the Command Link gauges I'd reset it first. My setting changed when I had a battery die.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pete

Most Yamaha trim guage problems can be corrected by spraying a little WD-40 on the black plastic ring. Grease builds up, causing it to stick. Yours might be "jumping" a bar or two as the tension spring overcomes grease resistance. This is especially true if it jumps only when trimming in just 1 direction.

Back