Yamaha Fuel Management system

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miky2884

Reaction score
Anybody on here running the Yamaha fuel management system hooked up to there GPS rather then into the Yamaha speedo? If so can you post up how you hooked it up and how it works for you. from what I have read it seems guys who have hooked the FM up to the GPS get a more accurate reading rather then hooking it up to Yamaha speedo.

SOG when used to determine
boat performance can produce
some very distorted results.

From what I've heard, the newer engines are not a problem. Yours being older I'm not sure. That being said, I tried it on my 2005 (with the round gauges), and for some reason only works on some of them. I got the info for Andy at shipyard Island Marine. I followed them to the letter and I guess my gauges are the few that just don't work. To say it made me mad would be an understatement. But that is about the only thing I'm unhappy about with my Yamaha's.

Can you clarify what didn't work. did the whole system not work, or hooking the FM gauge up to your GPS not work?
After doing research I found out the older round gauges do not have the port in the back to hook into the plotter.

I have the round combo FM gauge and tried to get it to talk to my RM A57d last season. It has the pigtail with the NEMA wires, but still no luck. I scoured the web and found people with the same issue. I plan to take another look in the Spring......

For now I look at my GPS speed and my flow rate and do some quick math :D

This is the response I got back from Andy at Ship Yard, which basically tells me the old style gauges cant be hooked up to a GPS

[email protected]

Feb 6 (7 days ago)

to me

Hi Mike,

The GPS input is done via the s-video looking plug on the FM gauge. Do you have it on the gauge?

My FM combo gauge has that plug. Most folks cut off the plug end and tap the wire needed to interface with the GPS. Yamaha makes an adapter harness that accomplishes the same thing.

Does your FM gauge not have this plug? Is it the older, stand alone unit?

Back