Yamaha/Garmin Interface

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evetsmd

Reaction score
I have a 2005 F225 Yamaha on my 2520......has anyone made the connection between the engine data port and a Garmin 4000 series plotter via the NMEA network. What engine parameters could be displayed? Did u do it yourself or get a shop to do it?

Thanks
Steve

We have 2004 F150's and have asked yamaha about sending engine data to our Simrad NSS. From what they told us it was not possible until you have a 2006 engine. We were looking for basic data -temperature, rpm etc. but it sounded as though unless we added sensors for those specific purposes it was not possible.

Would love to hear differently, but have asked this question at a couple boat shows over the years with the same response from the yahama guys.

That is a great question. I have a 2010 Yamaha 250 and would like to plug the motor into my Garmin. Is it as simple as going from the guages to the Garmin? That would be awesome becuase they are about 6" away!

Latest posts

Back