Yamaha Outboard Paint Matching

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisn

Reaction score
Just a quick note to all of my friends at CP.Com...Recently my Marina lightly ran their lift into my strbd engine trying to get a Sea Ray :? out of the rack above me. They took a good sized ding out of the skeg. after a very bad welding job :x and poor paint job I asked them to start over as they were doing everything not to replace the lower unit. BEING THE NICE GUY THAT I AM...I allowed them to try again. This time they took the unit to a proper facility to have the weld done. The problem now is that the paint does not, and for those who don't know, will not match from the factory. My dealer is picking the boat up and taking it to a body shop to have the paint matched. He has told me it is the only way to match it! Just a heads up for future damage and need of paint. Don't waste your time with the factory paints! Go to a body shop with your cowling and let them do a spectrometer match!!

Scoundrel

This is my field of work.
We have a VERY expensive camera that links to a laptop , takes a pic, and comes up with formula.
I've done it a handful of times now !

Glad to hear your out there engaging in that Capt'. Keep up the work as the alternative is shotty at best!

Scoundrel

I'm hoping that GW204 chimes in on this and relates his experience with attempting a color match on his OX66's.

I work for DuPont and any good autobody supply jobber can take a camera shot of a motor , or boat and help you with your needs. We use them every day in our business and they are a great help.

Latest posts

Back