Yamaha unveils a 350 hp 5.3 litre V8 at the Miami Boat Show

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that 32 parker has an Eurotransom cause I would be warry of putting 1600+#s hanging off a bracket. If you are gonna have an eurotransom, why go for the 32 when the 28 will have the same cockpit space. ;)

B-Faithful":1e3owg3s said:
I hope that 32 parker has an Eurotransom cause I would be warry of putting 1600+#s hanging off a bracket. If you are gonna have an eurotransom, why go for the 32 when the 28 will have the same cockpit space. ;)

32 Parker....aka 57 Abaco. :)

Greg, I just don't see Linwood doing a eurotran on a Parker.

I believe he knows how to build a 'normal' transom that can handle the weight, and the power with a full width bracket. :wink:

Many Parker hulls are already rated for 500 HP. These hulls are rated to withstand twin 250 HP outboards, which would weigh approx 900-1200 lbs (depending on engine / technology). 800 lbs is a piece of cake.

These giant outboards are coming of age, a whole new line of boats are on the way, and certain existing boats will benefit from the extra HP available from these motors.

B-Faithful":18ommm8b said:
Even if your boat can handle this 800# gorrilla and you are still willing to pay more than the cost of twins for it, You are still gonna need a merc prop to get it to perform well. :lol:

Besides, my bet is manufacturers like parker who use brackets wont be able to support these monsters on a single outboard bracket. (not enough weight distribution across the transom--too much weight for the single support surface area) My bet is that Yam will not recommend them for repower purposes in short order as boats will have to be designed to support the weight.

???? As I said above, my twin F-115s weigh almost exactly the same as this single F-350. My twin bracket has a much larger boyancy tank on it...probably three times wider and half again deeper than the single motor brackets. I don't think a single F-350 on a 23 or 25 Parker is going to be a problem.

I bet Parker and Armstrong are gonna have to do some homework to see if the single OB brackets can support this weight. This is an extra 200-300 pounds over a normal V6 OB.

My bet is the SM and Armstrong will come up with a bracket that distributes the weight better across the transom. It just wont help the repowers unless they have a whole new bracket installed. I wouldnt want to be the guy who tests all the extra hp and weight on a single engine support on my boat :wink:

Back