Yet another NC wildlife boat.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhodaveland

Reaction score
Here’s my 21 DVCC which I posted a few months ago. The “small” soft spot ran from the bow storage bulkhead to the forward half of the center console. The stringers seem to be wet in a couple spots, but not rotted yet. I have also removed the fuel tank to inspect and It has a few pin holes and lots of corrosion. I have removed some of the floatation foam too and it’s also waterlogged. Once all the foam is removed and I get my replacement tank ordered I will need to check the integrity of my stringers before fitting the plywood for the floor. And I also want to check the core of the transom too because the engine bolts appear to be over torqued and sinking into the core. This is my first real boat project and I don’t want to half ass it, but on the same token it’s only going to be a fishing boat and not a fancy yacht. Anyone have any good methods for taking test cores and then patching them?

All in all… lesson learned. Get a thorough boat survey before you purchase. Luckily I’m not afraid of a project.

Attachments

• IMG_3161.jpeg
    IMG_3161.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3257.jpeg
    IMG_3257.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3249.jpeg
    IMG_3249.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3248.jpeg
    IMG_3248.jpeg