YFT and Dorado, 8/9/16

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonesome Drift

Reaction score
In spite reports of slow fishing my buddy Sean and I decided to take advantage of the great weather window yesterday and pointed the 21SE east for the midshore tuna grounds to try our hand at putting a bite together. We left Beaverdam Creek at 2:30 am and headed for a chlorophyll break just east of the Chicken Canyon and planned to work our way SE along that break. Well, a lot can change in 24 hours and what was clear water on the sat shot the day prior was pea soup by the time we got there so we decided to push east out to the Texas Tower. By 2:00 pm we had trolled the Triple Wrecks, Texas Tower, Bacardi, and some marks that we had caught fish last year w/ only a small dolphin to show for it. We found a really nice patch of water in that area with Skipjacks and False Albacore on the surface so we decided to set up on the drift and start chunking. After about 45 minutes we had a big school of skippies come under the boat and the rod set at 80' rigged with a whole butterfish started singing. The fish was on a lightweight Tsunami rod rated for 20-50lb paired with an Avet MXL so we really had to take our time. After a 15 minute fight we sunk the gaff and pulled this stud YFT over the rail. After some high fives and a celebratory beer we went back on the chunk and stayed at it for another hour and it was time to head home. Definitely a day I will remember forever.

Attachments

• IMG_1198_rev.jpg
    IMG_1198_rev.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_1205_rev.jpg
    IMG_1205_rev.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 301
We all would rather Be doing other things than cleaning our boat, I would gladly sacrifice a day cleaning up that mess (assuming I caught them LOL)

Back