Zincs on recessed trim tabs

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
The recessed lenco tabs on my 2009 Parker only stick out past the stern about 2" and the biggest zinc i can install is a circular 1 3/4" zinc (factory installed also) Problem is that because there are so small, I had to replace them 3 times last year (8 months in the water). Has anybody come up with a better idea ? Thanks !

Had the same problem as you and now use much larger clamshell shaped zincs just on the bottom of the tab putting the screw from the top. Used a round headed screw(lower profile) and cut it to right length, used a small wood bit to drill into the side of the zinc that didn't have threads to countersink a stainless nut into the hole(tapped in with a hammer) Only need to buy one to do both and have not had an electrolisis problem since.

On my Lenco's, the trailing edge points up. Previous owner/dealership installed 2 Bennett zincs (~4" zinc bar with 2 holes for bolts) on that vertical edge for each tab. They'll definitely last the season. And since I moved my slip away from a boat with some serious stray current, even longer now.

Back