Ark 2530 renovations

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kidfreediver":3ex935j5 said:
Evinrude has came out with a new etec called G2
Is that for '2nd Generation' or such? What does this one have or feature?

From what I read it has 15% better fuel economy than competive four strokes, a five year or 500hr zero maintenance , better wiring configurations, power steering and electronic controls.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403633208.508876.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403633208.508876.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 206
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403633225.459021.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403633225.459021.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 206
The color isn't necessarily the problem for me its the shape.
Belongs on a space ship not a classic looking boat
Just my .02

Straight 6?
Doesn't look wide enough to be a V6.

The graphic does make it look odd.
Maybe if they did...

E
V
I
N
R
U
D
E

so it would be easier to read?

kidfreediver":3l5qgvce said:
I see we have skeptics.

Naaa... I personally like the E-Tec.
E-Tec 2.0 could be a cool thing.

Remember when the Verado came out?
Everyone said the motor looked like a Darth Vader helmet. :D

Well I won't be getting the new G2. I would like to wait and see if there and quirks they need to work out and have already inquired about purchasing them but electronic controls is something I really don't won't in a motor just yet. Although the better fuel economy does sound intriguing.

kidfreediver":lk8vh5z2 said:
Well I won't be getting the new G2. I would like to wait and see if there and quirks they need to work out and have already inquired about purchasing them but electronic controls is something I really don't won't in a motor just yet. Although the better fuel economy does sound intriguing.
Holy cow! Radical huh? FWIW, I'm sure the electronic fly-by-wire controls are based off their Icom controls the E-Tecs run, if I remember the name correctly (remember that I almost bought a 300hp E-Tec). From what I read on numerous forums those controls are supposed to be bullet-proof.

IIRC, the only thing that stopped me from buying that 300 was that - at that time - the controls could run 3 or more engines, but could only link to 2 control stations ... and I knew that I was going to add the 3rd station in the tower.

miky2884":3tj1y64p said:
Im sorry but that is one ugly looking outboard motor

X-2 Look's like a Rock'em -Sock'em Robot.

10269850_201405201321.jpg

I dought you have ever owned a REAL 4 stroke to truly see the difference.

Have a buddy who went by screen name of "Rude Attitude".

He has owned a BUNCH of Etec's.....200 regular's......Then 200 Small Block's......Then on another boat 29 SeaVee 250's.

The he went to a 31 Yellowfin w/ DF-300's......I talked to him yesterday....This Fall he's repowering......With What?

White....DF-300AP's Suzuki's

Here's the point.......He's seen the light!......FYI.....When Evenrude had 4 strokes....Who made them?.........Suzuki. :)

It's your money buy what YOU want! Your Resale will be down compared to the same boat with 4 strokes on it.

warthog5":296hc0w7 said:
miky2884":296hc0w7 said:
Im sorry but that is one ugly looking outboard motor

X-2 Look's like a Rock'em -Sock'em Robot.

10269850_201405201321.jpg

I dought you have ever owned a REAL 4 stroke to truly see the difference.

Have a buddy who went by screen name of "Rude Attitude".

He has owned a BUNCH of Etec's.....200 regular's......Then 200 Small Block's......Then on another boat 29 SeaVee 250's.

The he went to a 31 Yellowfin w/ DF-300's......I talked to him yesterday....This Fall he's repowering......With What?

White....DF-300AP's Suzuki's

Here's the point.......He's seen the light!......FYI.....When Evenrude had 4 strokes....Who made them?.........Suzuki. :)

It's your money buy what YOU want! Your Resale will be down compared to the same boat with 4 strokes on it.
Did u let him know that these new engine have 15% better fuel efficiency and 20% more torque and still lighter than a Suzuki.

kidfreediver":2oxm4tk2 said:
Did u let him know that these new engine have 15% better fuel efficiency and 20% more torque ...
... as compared to what, the previous E-Tec design? I myself thought they weren't tweaked as well as they could be, considering the Bombardier has the proprietary intellectual property rights (patents et al) for designs capable of producing ~80hp per cylinder! Man that's just freakin' amaze-balls!

Then again, the jet turboshaft engines I used to work on produced 4.4hp per pound, whereas the best OB out there still is no better than ~0.5hp per pound.

Regardless of "which dog you have in this fight" :roll: ... one must admit that this OB competition is better for all of us! Just don't waste your $$ on a big HP Yummiehah that NEEDS high octane fuel in order to produce the labeled horsepower and you'll be OK ;) . What a crock of s#$t they've foisted on their users :shock: !

:)

Did u let him know that these new engine have 15% better fuel efficiency and 20% more torque and still lighter than a Suzuki.

Can YOU prove it? LOL I already know the answer. :)

Is that statement ment to compare the new motor with their own predecessor?

that is how Suzuki does it....compare their own earlier motor to their newest. DF-300 to DF-300AP claim 14% better.

Will it? Who knows? BUT as I said about my buddy that is gonna repower.....WE will find out. :)

Now go look at gear ratio's.....Last time I looked.....Etec's were 1.86 to 1 from 150Hp to 300Hp.

I find that strange,as ALL other manufactures are different across the Hp range.

Suzuki being the lowest geared and thus swings the Largest prop.... 16in props for the big motors.

Parkers are wide heavy boats they like a large blade prop to get'em to move....It was night and day going from a 250 Yamaha 2 stroke to a 300Hp 4 stroke.

These 2530's loaded down with Fuel, ice, bait and people need the power. adding a TON of weight to these boats is a easy thing to do.

warthog5":1vh65i7l said:

Can YOU prove it? LOL I already know the answer. :)

Is that statement ment to compare the new motor with their own predecessor?

that is how Suzuki does it....compare their own earlier motor to their newest. DF-300 to DF-300AP claim 14% better.

Will it? Who knows? BUT as I said about my buddy that is gonna repower.....WE will find out. :)

Now go look at gear ratio's.....Last time I looked.....Etec's were 1.86 to 1 from 150Hp to 300Hp.

I find that strange,as ALL other manufactures are different across the Hp range.

Suzuki being the lowest geared and thus swings the Largest prop.... 16in props for the big motors.

Parkers are wide heavy boats they like a large blade prop to get'em to move....It was night and day going from a 250 Yamaha 2 stroke to a 300Hp 4 stroke.

These 2530's loaded down with Fuel, ice, bait and people need the power. adding a TON of weight to these boats is a easy thing to do.

What is ur pitch on the 16in prop?

3 X 17 X 16 Suzuki prop. I've tested a 4 blade and my boat didn't like it.

Correction....My fingers got going to fast. 3 X 16 X 17

Latest posts

Back