My '95 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installing plugs for Elec Reels.

100_4512.jpg

100_4513.jpg

warthog5":38kwvspp said:
Well Good. :D

New antenna. Blue Seas Cable Clam. I hate those stainless clam sheels full of sealer and the hole drilled to small.

100_4509.jpg

This is a popular way to mount it down here in this neck of the woods.

Attachments

• IMG_1191.jpg
    IMG_1191.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 692
I can honestly say that I've never seen anyone do it that way Jim.

I'm always doing stuff so that later on when it's torn up, I can fix it quick.

I can undo the connector from the radio and slide it right out of the boat thru the hole where the Blue Seas cable clam is.

I can work on the bench and make up the new cable and slide it all back in the boat. That's a LOT easier than doing a solder job overhead with it swinging.

I cut another hole today.......Fusion IPod. :)

I chose this spot because it was boxed in and easy to get to, yet still out of the way.

100_4514.jpg

100_4515.jpg

100_4516.jpg

100_4517.jpg

warthog5":3u8sad33 said:
I can honestly say that I've never seen anyone do it that way Jim.

I'm always doing stuff so that later on when it's torn up, I can fix it quick.

I can undo the connector from the radio and slide it right out of the boat thru the hole where the Blue Seas cable clam is.

I can work on the bench and make up the new cable and slide it all back in the boat. That's a LOT easier than doing a solder job overhead with it swinging.

It is a trick learned from Quality T-Tops in Tarpon Springs. They fabricate all the tops for new Grady, Pursuit and other high end boats down here. Whether a T-Top pad or hardtop, essentially it pokes through underneath very near the chase opening. Then through the chase down to the back of the radio on the console. There is a little bit of extra so you can pull it out and solder on a connector. The extra gets zip tied behind the console in case you have to disconnect and run it to a spare radio in case of malfunction. If the antenna goes tits up, it is easy enough cut the connector and pull it back up through the top.

Your radio mounted where it is, having such a short lead I can see the practical nature of doing it like you did.

That new tackle station arrived. It's narrower than I expected and the trays go in sideways, but I like it just fine. The draw has a stop so that it doesn't fall out, but can still be taken out if the stop is swung out of the way. I'm pleased. :)

100_4524.jpg

100_4525.jpg

100_4526.jpg

100_4528.jpg

100_4529.jpg

Ahhhh......the cutout for the tackle station. A piece of scrap with many uses. :mrgreen:

Mine= cat door and filling a hole through the pulpit when the windlass gets moved.

Attachments

• J3072x2304-06074.jpg
    J3072x2304-06074.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 600
Bennetts stuff has gotten even better over the years.
Let us know what you think the first time you have her out. :wink:

HeHe....I sure did have a good Birthday. :)

But I have come down with a stupid cold. I've been laying around and laying around. Weather hasn't been very nice either. Well after laying around as long as I could, with nose still running and head feeling like a football. I forced myself to go mess with the boat. The beautiful day of clear sky and sun. temp @ 65degs did help motivate me.

So 2hrs later the holes were drilled and epoxy sealed.

A 90deg or straight rodholder in the middle of the transom and 15deg's on each side of the forward cockpit. These holders are angled straight out from the sides, as this is a Bottom bumping boat. IE: We fish for Snapper,Grouper,Scamp, etc, etc.

100_4548.jpg

100_4549.jpg

100_4547.jpg

warthog5":3qhgvmtz said:
OK....Fess up....How many sprayed their keyboard and monitor after they read that?
Thanks for the visual ... :shock: but I'd guess any Admiral would appreciate a Captain who is just so darn talented with their hands ... and mind ...

Back