new 3420 pics

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whats going on here? paker owners are always so civil! we are all only making suggestions and putting in our two cents and making a WISH LIST, nothing carved in stone!

i think we all need to go fishing!

FishAC":3v5wofc9 said:
whats going on here? paker owners are always so civil! we are all only making suggestions and putting in our two cents and making a WISH LIST, nothing carved in stone!

i think we all need to go fishing!

I second that! Come on Sunday!!!

FishAC":2yyt0p7r said:
To start off:

1- Rocket launchers need a library ladder to access them. I dont have a solution, but there's gotta be something better. Maybe a nice fighting chair with a 6 rod launcher on the back of it? :D

2- Remove transom fish box, its a waste of space, does anyone use them? We added a 162qt Igloo Marine cooler on the swim deck b/c its insulated! Unlike the transom box, which has become crappy storage for us.

3- I have no compliants really for the tuna door, although it could be improved. Hey, its better than none, what we are all used to. Just keep a few more gaffs and be optimistic, we vacuum packed our cum-a-long for use if we ever need it and so it wont rust.

4- In floor refrigeration is a must! There is more than enough room down below! I will settle for in floor boxes. I can always throw our canyon freezer bag down in it.

5. The second station is very nice. Lets the captain get in on the action when a big fish is spooling you and you need to back down on it. This way, the captain has a better view of the angler, crew, rod, line, fish, ect. Not all the way up inside the cabin.

6. Throw a tower on this bad boy. Its screaming for one!

7. Different power options! I am not talking about different yammies, I am talking about straight inboard diesels! I have to run a minimum of 60 miles to get to the canyons, and I want two of them, I have a single now and that makes us put way too much trust in the engine.

8. IPS drives!!! IPS drives!!!! IPS drives!!!! However the bow thruster is a nice touch, but the IPS drives on Pentas are AWESOME. That would bump up the price quite a bit, but who cares, this boat would be unbelievable!

9. Get rid of the granite, thats lame. For that matter, give me a nice storage cabniet there instead. I fish on a boat, and cook at home.

The boat we are passing all this ideas on should be 215k or less.

I agree with you 100% Those IPS Drive are INSANE!!!!

Have you never fished a "Real" sport fisherman like Viking or Ocean Yacht? They have all fish boxes the floor. For good reasons
:lol: :lol:

I have never, in my entire life, heard that an Ocean Yacht is a "Real" sport fish. I have fished quite a few in my life, and I would only possibly consider the new 37 as a "Real" sport fish. They are still very deserved of their "flexible flyer" tag.

chrisn":3v6r9jrq said:
Have you never fished a "Real" sport fisherman like Viking or Ocean Yacht? They have all fish boxes the floor. For good reasons
:lol: :lol:

I have never, in my entire life, heard that an Ocean Yacht is a "Real" sport fish. I have fished quite a few in my life, and I would only possibly consider the new 37 as a "Real" sport fish. They are still very deserved of their "flexible flyer" tag.

Not all Ocean Yachts are set up for fishing, but when they are they do it right. I was just referring to one I fished with that was an incredible, capable and extremely functional "Sport Fisher". Flexible Flyer is a slogan not a boat style and still holds true for all Ocean Yachts. Like Viking they pride themselves on luxury and performance. Truly they are both incredible boats and just goes to show Parker must be making one he!! of a boat for us to even compare to these Multi Million dollar boats. I would just like to see some higher end functional features (for fisherman) on the new 34' Parker. I think we all have agreed that one out of place granite counter top is money wasted on this style boat. If you are going to do it luxury style then Parker should have added allot more teak in the cabin, teak plank floors and a helm chair like Judge uses in there 36'. Otherwise a plain white countertop would look more fitting. Of coarse this is my opinion and we all have one.

It seems I have ruffled some feathers with the word "Real" but I would think it is a compliment to Parker boats to compare them to other boats WAY out of there league. It just goes to show you how much we think of our boats. Let’s face it until the release of the new 34' Parker has not been known as a "Sport Fishing" boat in the "off shore" sense. Parkers are capable boats and I fish mine off shore but not with the comfort and sense of security I have on a larger boat. I doubt you will find a 34' Parker in the fleet of custom "Buddy Davis" off shore boats chartering 100 mile plus off shore trips. There has been several times we left the marina on a clear beautiful day traveled 100 miles off shore and returned in 12'+ chop safely. You could have made it out in a Parker to the spot but would have played a dangerous game getting back. I would not suggest this in any Parker. The Parker hull does not have enough freeboard or flare to displace waves like this and is not what they are built for. Parkers in my opinion are limited by there size and design to be more of a "Bay" boat and I am fine with that. That's what I bought mine for. The nice thing about the new 34' is you will be even more comfortable in the bay on rougher days and are more capable in the ocean than any other Parker to date. That been said. I will clarify myself by saying Parker Is a Real Sport Fishing Boat but not a Real "Off Shore" Sport Fishing Boat in my opinion. Let’s Move on about the 34' Parker. By the way what is the capacity of the 34'? Weight, persons? Curious?? My 2520SL is 8 persons. What do you get with a 34'? Maybe a perfect boat for bay charters with a 6-Pack license.

31 Bertram. Wet in seas, but a dream to fish over and over again!! I wonder...... With all of the smaller boat manufacturers going big and expensive if we won't see some of the larger companies going smaller and EXPENSIVE! I would LOVE to see a new 31 Bert mold come up on the horizon. It was and could be once again the most boat for the money!

Bertram...that's probably the only 'wise' investment of a boat. it actually holds decent value!

optimaxfish":2q93jbx2 said:
maxout":2q93jbx2 said:
I would just like to see some higher end functional features (for fisherman) on the new 34' Parker.

"for fishermen"?

Here lies the communication breakdown. You assume all "fishermen" must run "100 miles" in "wet and cold" conditions, and live to tuna fish. If your assumptions were true,

YellowFin
Contender
SeaVee
Regulator
Fountain

and countless other brands of (not, your opinion) real fishing boats would cease to exist. The very boats you describe as "real fishing boats" would be absolute worthless for many, many types of sport fishing.

IMO, a 25hp flats boat w/push pole, a 300hp bass boat, a 32' 1000hp Fountain king mack rocketship, and a 25' cabin Parker set up for stripers are all at least as much real fishing boats as a 3bdr/2ba tied to a dock, especially if it's a flex flyer with cored bottom. Parkers are solid fiberglass.

I give up on this post you only read what you want to hear. Very selective reading. :? I didn't assume anything "Off Shore" is "Off Shore" not allways 100 miles. That was just an example. and i did say "my opinion" agree to disagree and leave it alone I am not forcing it on you. Your points are well taken but still off topic.

You are right. But just for the record......Ocean Yachts are terrible! :shock: I have commited the sin of getting off topic, just as I was complaining about it. However, Ocean Yachts suck! :shock: I am impressed by the 37 though, but we'll have to see how that new hull holds out. For now Ocean Yachts stink! :shock:

and one more point. The term "Flexible Flyer" was not a "Slogan" it was a critical euphemism used to explain the boats eratic flexing under load. I witnessed this on several occasions, and it was not something that made one feel safe or comfortable. Just to state the facts! :?

Sorry, one more thing. My boat is used strictly for offshore fishing ranging 70-90 miles out. I have never felt uncomfortable in her in some very shady conditions. I was, of course, anxious to get home in these conditions, but I WAS COMFORTABLE! Did i say that Ocean Yachts Blow?!? :shock: Probably make decent bay boats..... :roll:

I also take my boat off-shore on a regular basis. the trips range from about 20 naut miles to 80 plus naut miles out from montauk point. I do however understand the limits of the boat. There are simply conditions you would be foolish to get caught out in, and avoiding them or their possibility certainly causes the loss of a lot of fishing days.

If you want to see what I mean, drive your boat up to the bow of just about any 42 foot sportfisherman. Notice how far it is from the top of your deck to the top of the sporties deck at the bow. Usually it's about three feet.

Size matters when you are in really ugly weather.

But back to the 34. I'd prefer a bit more shear on the bow, and maybe a forward swept window design and more room for electronics in the console. Add a sliding door next to the helm so the skipper can lean out and fish (or just get some fresh air). Oh yeah, bigger scuppers.

The interior begs for bunks in the main cabin, and convertable seating.

Of course I've just described a downeast boat, but hey, it's what I'd like to see.

I agree with the bigger scuppers. When the pictures first came out, so commented on the "yacht" style side scuppers....how is that a benefit? Doesnt water move to the rear and drain that way? Why would the water move forward of the transome to drain?

Also, like greg said, more room for electronics!

More often then not the side scupper system is stepped so it drains to the back, but out the side. The reason I like them is that when backing down on fish your deck is less likely to flood. My opinion is that side scuppers is the way to go.

interesting list of criticisms.. I will have to say that I agree with no fishboxes in the floor but I am a primarily a bay fisherman. I hated the fact that the fishboxes in the floor of my Proline 2950 would fill with water on every rain. Your choices with in floor fishboxes are:

1. have them fill with water and just use a macerator to pump out (I had this and had to replace my macerator almost every year)
2. have them drain into the bildge.. Not my choice as it leaves for a bad smelling bildge after fishing and it puts your bildge pumps to the test...
3. have a floor so high above the water line that they can drain overboard. THis would probably leave to a boat that you cannot reach the water from.

I understand that big game fisherman may require them but for me you can leave them out. Judge offered to build my boat with one and I respectfully declined .

B-Faithful":19o4oius said:
interesting list of criticisms.. I will have to say that I agree with no fishboxes in the floor but I am a primarily a bay fisherman. I hated the fact that the fishboxes in the floor of my Proline 2950 would fill with water on every rain. Your choices with in floor fishboxes are:

1. have them fill with water and just use a macerator to pump out (I had this and had to replace my macerator almost every year)
2. have them drain into the bildge.. Not my choice as it leaves for a bad smelling bildge after fishing and it puts your bildge pumps to the test...
3. have a floor so high above the water line that they can drain overboard. THis would probably leave to a boat that you cannot reach the water from.

I understand that big game fisherman may require them but for me you can leave them out. Judge offered to build my boat with one and I respectfully declined .

I know I said I was done with this post but I can't resist this one.

I agree the macerator pumps are sometimes a pain but if maintained they do last. I had an original 1989 macerator on a boat I sold in 2001 and still worked great. How many of us replace our sea water pumps every couple years? Does this mean you will not have one on your boat? I have a sea water pump on my boat (Johnson) that is 1 year old and looks like I will be lucky to get another year out of it. But it's the hair of the dog. I will replace it with a better one once she blows.

***You forgot the correct way to plumb the fish box (the only way I would have one). Thru hull discharge below the water. Like the way they used to pump (or still do on some vessels) black water from the head. Same system only not a toilet. Trust me if it can grind up crap, toilet paper and shove it overboard it will do the same with whatever you put in your fish box (I wouldn’t suggest it but you could even take a crap in it) :lol: How convenient and beats a bucket :lol: I promise you will not have to raise your deck unless your fish box is below the bottom of your hull... :wink: Also I agree some fish boxes leak properly designed ones do not. Same thing goes for boats in general. Some leak above deck and some don't. My 2520SL does not leak and the hull stays dry that’s why I trust if Parker makes a deck box it will not leak. There seems to be a huge amount of space under the deck of the 34' and could be used as a deck box for storage of poles, gear, bait, fish etc... That's all I am saying. I would make good use of it. :wink:

I agree this boat needs supesized scuppers, the location is OK.

That's good to hear Max that some dont leak. My experience is that they all leak. Even on contenders. I will say that the nicest in floor fishbox I had seen was on a composite 32 as it had nice gutters that drained overboard but the box was far enough forward so that the gutters were high enough above the waterline to drain overboard. I didnt see if it worked well or was prone to being clogged with tree stuff..

B-Faithful":mz2cld9d said:
That's good to hear Max that some dont leak. My experience is that they all leak. Even on contenders. I will say that the nicest in floor fishbox I had seen was on a composite 32 as it had nice gutters that drained overboard but the box was far enough forward so that the gutters were high enough above the waterline to drain overboard. I didnt see if it worked well or was prone to being clogged with tree stuff..

Like you mention, keeping the drains clear it the key. If you get allot of leaves or tree stuff jammed in there that will flood most boxes. The best boxes I have seen had a large rubber seal on the underside of the shoe box lid that aligned with the raised box lip below. This would not allow any water into the box so you could use it for dry storage as well. if the deck flooded the water would leave thru the scuppers and could not penetrate the box. Also the opening into the box is slightly smaller than the box itself keeping the fish tails from getting between the seals when trying to close it. Another custom design I saw that worked was a box with vertical door on the side of the gunnels that started 5" above the cockpit deck. The lid was long and narrow and was not a nuisance when open, Nearly impossible to fall into and worked well. There was one on each side and could be used as dry rod/tackle storage as well. I like lots of cubbies that utilize available space to its maximum potential. And see where plenty could be added on the 34'. I don't know about the rest of you but I also think the tackle station/storage should be as big as possible. With the size and variety of baits we use around here more room the better. Don't ya hate when you leave some tackle at home that you wished you had on the boat but left it behind because of lack of storage.. :evil:

Well I have got to go get the boat ready to fish tomorrow. Are you boatless at the time been? Leaving out of Solomons At 5:45 AM if you want to hitch a ride?? Trolling for Mac's and Bluies. Not my favorite fish but, Beats cutting grass..

I also take my boat off-shore on a regular basis. the trips range from about 20 naut miles to 80 plus naut miles out from montauk point. I do however understand the limits of the boat. There are simply conditions you would be foolish to get caught out in, and avoiding them or their possibility certainly causes the loss of a lot of fishing days.

Unfortunately in the Southeast there is not much choice in the afternoon as far as weather goes. Could be completely calm and sunny and before you know it boom! I guess all i was saying is that when conditions have rapidly deteriorated I have felt safe. Obviously it goes without saying that you have to be careful, but when you are confident in your surroundings it is not so bad. Sat weather is also a compliment to ones own abilities when trying to go around storms! :lol:

I was also hoping Maxout would pipe back in on the Ocean Yachts thing, but alas he has not. So.....Ocean Yachts are the WORST!

Back