Fuel Sending Unit from factory

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POGE

Reaction score
Thanks to CBigma's excellent post on fuel sending unit replacement I have started at least my first winter project. When removing my original "factory" unit that died in 4 seasons( I ran with calculator only this year), I saw this. It looks like Teleflexe's ultrasonic unit, but this was custom cut and the bottom of the tube was capped off. 14" long on the 155 gal tank.
Order my new one for Wema, they are very easy to do business with and confirm every step of the order.
The factory install did not have any gasket sealer, just rubber gasket on tank hole.
Should I seal the install with -form-a-gasket or similar ?
One thing I did right so far was when I bought the boat I sprayed the screws tank unit screws with Heavy duty Corison block from CRC from reading post on CP for this project.The screws came out EZ.

Attachments

• IMG_20131028_133521_323-1.jpg
    IMG_20131028_133521_323-1.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 320
Use Tef-Gel on the stainless screws.

http://www.amazon.com/Tef-Gel-TG--25-Sy ... ds=tef+gel

I'd rather have a cork gasket than a Rubber gasket. They just seem to seal better. Most never use a sealant on the gasket, but that can be a area that leaks when the tank is filled to Full. When I do use a sealant it is Permetex #1 which is a hardening sealer and it will hold up to gasoline.

POGE":265q12pn said:
Thanks to CBigma's excellent post on fuel sending unit replacement I have started at least my first winter project.

.. . ......but there's still plenty of black fishing left!??! :wink:

Agreed I left them this year for sure

Wart, Happy report WEMA shipped with a cork gasket thanks for the suggestions.

I took apart the factory unit. In the tube was a 4" circuit board and then a sliding magnetic float. It seemed very complicated and a lot to go wrong in the environment of a gas tank..
The new one is great and took very little time to replace, start to finnish.

Back