Garmin GT51M-TH transducer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

350bake

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello - I have a 2001 2520 Modified Vee pilothouse. I am replacing my original electronics with a Garmin 7607 xsv as well as removing my transom mount transducer and installing the GT51 thru hull. My initial plan was to install a bronze round transducer but I have a chance for greater features which I understand GT51 style transducer delivers.
My question is: If I install on the starboard side just off the centerline (next to the shelf on the floor of the bilge if you are familiar with) has anyone had any issues with not being able to 'see' on the port side due to the angle?
Below is a link to the transducer for reference.

Appreciate any information - thanks, larry

https://www.boemarine.com/products/garm ... -160-ducer

Thank you for the link. Hope to receive the transducer tomorrow or Thursday. The bandsaw looks to be the best method however I have access to a radial arm saw and have a chop saw which will not provide a sure cut. I have one shot at it so will look to track down access to a bandsaw. Thanks again! Larry

Yes.....and spend some time with the unit in hand and laying under the boat. Hold it up in position , pointing forward and mark the way the cut goes on the faring block.

It's easy to get turned around when you have to flip the thing for the way the table on the saw leans..... You don't want to cut it for the Port side.

Make sense ?

Back