175 hp Yamaha ideal rpm

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blazman234

Reaction score
I have a 2015 2120sc with a 175hp Yamaha and I can't find anywhere a performance report with ideal running rpms. Any one out there have one and any advice?

Ideal running RPM's and performance is an individual process: different for each hull, motor, trim tab, sea conditions/ motor mounting hole height. You will learn to "hear" what is best for your yamahas. Also, use your fuel flow meter to "dial in" her performance. While running her, play with the trim/ tilt/ negative trim of the motor while underway AND the trim tabs and the throttle. Find her sweet spot. It will vary based on sea conditions.
I can tell you that my previous Parker 2120 w/ an f150 ran best at 4400 rpm's buring 2.8-3.2mpg, running 26-27 knots but again, that varies even as subtle as full vs. empty livewell (mine was 43 gallons so 345 pounds full).
There is NO RIGHT OR WRONG ANSWER, but rather what your package likes/ performace best. Again, use your fuel flow to determine what she likes best...
Hope this helps.

After 30 hrs of use mostly running in LI sound I have found the boat really likes the 4500 rpm range which is 30 mph on GPS. I find at that speed I don't have to use the trim tabs to keep the ride smoother

Back