1801 Fuse holders in harness

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomc585

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2004 1801 Yamaha 2 stroke. In this picture of the console harness there are 2 fuse holders (the black barrell thingys) in the zipped up harness. One uses a yellow wire the other is red. Both had 10A fuses. I can't find them in any yamaha schematic I have or in the parker wire drawing. I think they might be for unutilized options. Any ideas what they might be for ?
fuses.jpg

There's probably no way to really know without tracing the wires to whatever they connect to. But I'd be willing to bet it's not any factory. In-line fuses are pretty common on anything aftermarket.

Anything with a switch is a good candidate. Non-factory trim tabs with indicator switch? replaced the horn at some point? Non-factory radio? Additional bilge pump with it's own switch? Although the smaller wire gauge probably means not a pump or anything with high amp draw so something electronic.

bare bones boat. I was thinking the red one was for the optional horn but the yellow has be stumped.
I really didn't want to cut open all those zipties. That may create problems.

Yeah if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. But actually I guess you could pull the fuses and see what stops working? Might have to cut a couple zip ties but not the whole run.

I should’ve thought of that sooner.

I only discovered these while installing electric tabs and an MOB this past week. Everything was OEM and unmolested (one of the selling points when I bought it).
I don't believe they are being used and I haven't been able to locate any terminated circuits other than wires in the bilge for a raw water system not installed which is assigned a switch and breaker in the console panel so an inline fuse wouldn't be used
I guess when i get around to cutting some more ties I'm hoping i'll find that someone tucked the wires somewhere for future use.
I wanted to see if there was even power to the fuses and well.......another can of worms.
Being 6' and 200 lbs It's not easy working inside the tiny console access door.

parkeryamaha fuses.jpg

bare bones boat. I was thinking the red one was for the optional horn but the yellow has be stumped.
I really didn't want to cut open all those zipties. That may create problems.
I've got a 2017 23SE with the same black fuse holders which are also bundled tight with zip ties. Don't have a clue what they're for either.

Confirmed.
Red wired fuse holder is for the digital speedometer.
Yellow wired fuse holder is for the digital tach but when removed also shuts down the speedometer.
Not sure if either would preventing start up because I'm still winterized for another week or so. I'll have to make a note of this for future reference.
New fuses installed and all zipped up.
FYI The drawing is from the rigging guide.

Back