1991 2520 REFIT

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAYDAY

Reaction score
HELLO AGAIN
tHOUGHT I WOULD POST SOME OF THE LABOR OF PARKER LOVE FOR YOU. jUST TUCKED HER INTO THE SLIP AFTER A LONG SPELL IN REFIT. WILL GET A SEA TRIAL IN NEXT WEEK AND SEE IF SHE DOES IT FOR ME. I WAS REALLY WANTING TWINS BUT THE MONEY GODS SPOKE AND TOLD ME THIS WOULD HAVE TO DO......
REGARDS
JON

Attachments

• DSC00854 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00854 (Medium).JPG
    72 KB · Views: 968
  • DSC00855 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00855 (Medium).JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 968
  • DSC00853 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00853 (Medium).JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 968
  • DSC00860 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00860 (Medium).JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 968
Nice work. Like the open back, did you do that? Varnished teak trim inside lookin good. Looks like an all Furuno boat. :wink:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh looks sweet :D ! I need numbers from that puppy as I am considering the same motor for my '92 vintage SC.

Wow... nice job!
What size is that Zuke?

This thread needs to be moved to the "Projects" area so it gets more exposure!

Beautiful! Need to see some more pictures. Is that at DV or MV? You will enjoy the Zuke - I just finished my third season with my 250.

Thanks for the nods...It is a 250 I bought from a dealer in Fla. They did all the campaigns under warranty just before I bought it. She is a MV Hull just like Megabyte and Dale own. I still need a seating configuration. Bought all Furuno on Ebay still need a West Coast Card for the GPS. Any suggestion on where to Buy?
I have pretty much decided to cover the deck with Dri Deck since it is pretty beat up (www.dri-dek.com) Any comments? Experience?
Dale, I'll get you the numbers after a few trips accross the channel
Tight Lines Fellas and Happy Holidays
Jon

Attachments

• DSC00792 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00792 (Medium).JPG
    68 KB · Views: 865
  • DSC00793 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00793 (Medium).JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 865
  • DSC00852 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00852 (Medium).JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 865
I'd love to know your impression of that 250 Zuke on that hull after you've had a chance to run her a bit. My guess is that she'll be a pretty strong runner. The 225 OX66 on mine will run 33.5 kts at WOT on smooth water turning 5100 rpm, and I'm pretty sure that you will beat that.

For the Furuno chip, the best deals on marine electronics I've seen have been from Jim Maier at BOE Marine in Annapolis. Give Jim a call toll free at 866-735-5926 (east coast business hours) and tell him that I sent you from ClassicParker. :wink:

How badly is the deck beat-up? Do you have any photos?
I ask the question because I think you may be able to resurface the deck with a roll-on product such as Duratec for a lot less money that Dri-Deck.

We use Dri-Deck on the floors of some of our fire apparatus cabinets, and it's not a bad product, but it will shift around if heavy objects are placed on it and it traps dirt underneath. If neither of those shortcomings will be a problem for you, it may work well. I still believe that a roll-on non-skid product may be a cheaper alternative, and look good too.

Take a look at Warthog5's Mako project pages for photos of the non-skid that Bobby applied to the X-Shark for ideas...
http://www.classicmako.com/projects/xshark/
Bobby is also a member here, so maybe he can give you additional ideas.

Great project! Good luck! 8)

Back