1995 Parker 1700, any info is appreciated

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingerling

Reaction score
hello all, just bought a parker, 1995 1700 cc. Did a search and found this website so created an account.

Looking to do some mods to the boat.
First thing is first, gotta hang a motor on it. All I have is the hull. Does anybody know the max hp? Tried finding info and nothing. One post I did find a member said max hp is 130, fuel tank from what I found was 30 gal with a 40 gal option.

If anyone can chime in and give me any valuable info I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!!

hello all, just bought a parker, 1995 1700 cc. Did a search and found this website so created an account.

Looking to do some mods to the boat.
First thing is first, gotta hang a motor on it. All I have is the hull. Does anybody know the max hp? Tried finding info and nothing. One post I did find a member said max hp is 130, fuel tank from what I found was 30 gal with a 40 gal option.

If anyone can chime in and give me any valuable info I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!!
I've owned two 1700 cc, one was a 1993 which had a 85 HP Yamaha 2 stroke with a 30 gallon tank and the other one (1996) had a 75 HP Yamaha 2 stroke with a 40 gallon tank.

Welcome! I have a 1997 1700. Just had the tank replaced, it was the 40 gal option in mine. Per my capacity plate, the max HP is 130. I have a 115 Etec on mine that gives me plenty of power. I'm not sure I'd want to go lower in power, but it seems as though many people have good luck with 90hp motors as well.

As far as rigging goes, it is a real pain. the rigging tube runs outside the stbd stringer from the console to the stbd aft corner. Unfortunately, it doesn't run TO the corner, it ends in the same compartment as the bilge, but on the other side of the stringer. This makes accessing it challenging. I'm planning to install a larger bilge hatch to finish rigging mine.

I'm pretty much at the same stage as you as far as rigging goes... I've got a room full of parts waiting to be installed. I'll be starting a separate thread here soon with the progression of the project. I've dug into a lot of stuff so far so if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!

As always, post up some pictures of the boat, it'll help people visualize what issues you may be having. Also, adding a location to your profile may help locate people in your area willing to lend a hand with projects or spare materials.

Welcome! I have a 1997 1700. Just had the tank replaced, it was the 40 gal option in mine. Per my capacity plate, the max HP is 130. I have a 115 Etec on mine that gives me plenty of power. I'm not sure I'd want to go lower in power, but it seems as though many people have good luck with 90hp motors as well.

As far as rigging goes, it is a real pain. the rigging tube runs outside the stbd stringer from the console to the stbd aft corner. Unfortunately, it doesn't run TO the corner, it ends in the same compartment as the bilge, but on the other side of the stringer. This makes accessing it challenging. I'm planning to install a larger bilge hatch to finish rigging mine.

I'm pretty much at the same stage as you as far as rigging goes... I've got a room full of parts waiting to be installed. I'll be starting a separate thread here soon with the progression of the project. I've dug into a lot of stuff so far so if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!

As always, post up some pictures of the boat, it'll help people visualize what issues you may be having. Also, adding a location to your profile may help locate people in your area willing to lend a hand with projects or spare materials.

It had a yamaha 115 4 stroke, but the transom is 20" and the 115 had a 25" shaft, the prop sat way to low, which is why I believe it was a b**** to plane.
I understand your pain, I removed the shifter, ignition, gauges and the ob then sold it. I'll be putting a Mercury 115 20" shaft on it.
Tank, from what I can see still looks good. I have a pair of Simrads, just have to get the20200521_050844.jpg wiring installed.

I bought some 3M products and a buffer from Amazon, so I'll be getting my hands dirty it soon.

I have a small hatch in the bow that access where the fuel line feeds into the tank, but thats it, there is one in the stern, but the fuel tank is not visible.

We'll see how it goes. Plan is to get the new OB hung then possibly a bow mounted trolling motor and rewire.

I'm located in Corona, CA.

Back