1995 Parker 2530 Project “Retro Check”

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brent":3g85p9gk said:
A lot of work then reinstall items. How will you rig antennae cable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All roof penetrations have been drilled and enlarged then filled with thickened epoxy. I just have to go back and drill everything to the right size. All wiring will be through Blue Seas Cable clams.

Applied the second coat of paint today along with broadcasting awlgrip griptex nonskid overtop. If all goes well one more coat of paint then i can mount the hardware.
46a8de680cff8e48fe2272b6a692cbc1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99% finished. The non skid didn’t turn out well, it didn’t stick to the paint. So i added another layer of paint. I’ll figure out the non skid down the road. Got everything mounted to the roof except the grab rails. Had two bolts break off in one rail, so i tapped all the holes on the other. Well one broke off in it to. So that’s going to take another day to fix. Happy with the way i turned out so far.
c06bb03de1e372001cb5e831990fe6f3.jpg

Installed a Simrad Halo 24 Radar on 12” battlewagon mount.
14eb7ba24ec6d3a793c67e0ba07069f6.jpg

99% finished. The non skid didn’t turn out well, it didn’t stick to the paint. So i added another layer of paint. I’ll figure out the non skid down the road. Got everything mounted to the roof except the grab rails. Had two bolts break off in one rail, so i tapped all the holes on the other. Well one broke off in it to. So that’s going to take another day to fix. Happy with the way i turned out so far.
c06bb03de1e372001cb5e831990fe6f3.jpg

Installed a Simrad Halo 24 Radar on 12” battlewagon mount.
14eb7ba24ec6d3a793c67e0ba07069f6.jpg

Looks great. That battlewagon mount really sets it off well

Really nice installs! Inspiring!

One question about radar mounting: Do you think you need to install a wedge?

I have a wedge underneath my garmin 18HD radar and it doesn’t pick up pickings when they’re right in front of me and wondering if that’s because of the radar itself or the wedge. I see some folks installing radar wedges and others don’t. I have a Parker 23 Pilothouse. Should I remove my wedge? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

hooked":1kfb58j9 said:
Really nice installs! Inspiring!

One question about radar mounting: Do you think you need to install a wedge?

I have a wedge underneath my garmin 18HD radar and it doesn’t pick up pickings when they’re right in front of me and wondering if that’s because of the radar itself or the wedge. I see some folks installing radar wedges and others don’t. I have a Parker 23 Pilothouse. Should I remove my wedge? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mine actually has a 4 degree down angle built in. I’m able to pick up channel markers a few feet from the boat.

You can’t even tell a 4’ piece of my roof was cut out and replaced. Very happy with the results. I estimate about 40 hours of labor and around $500 in material for the project. Now i can finally relax and get back to fishing.
5532f3c2e064c3041157038d098c4f3a.jpg

You can’t even tell a 4’ piece of my roof was cut out and replaced. Very happy with the results. I estimate about 40 hours of labor and around $500 in material for the project. Now i can finally relax and get back to fishing.
5532f3c2e064c3041157038d098c4f3a.jpg

Nice job, Kyle.. looks great!!

broadcasting awlgrip griptex nonskid overtop.

Which Griptex did you use? Fine , Medium or coarse ?

I have suggested for years..... This and use it at half mix of what they say.

You mix it IN the paint.... It absorbs the color you are painting. It's a fine blend. You roll it with a West system foam roller. It will seem a little coarse at first.... A little foot traffic and a few scrubbings and it perfect for GOOD traction....It's fine for bare feet....and will Not eat your knees if you kneel on it....like Awlgrips med ..... Awlgrips Coarse is like rocks. :(

Attachments

• 91MMGCne7dL._SL1500_.jpg
    91MMGCne7dL._SL1500_.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 0
Back