1996 Parker 21 DV Review

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NFD27

Reaction score
Currently looking at a 96 Parker 21 DV matched with a Yamaha OX66 200 2 stroke. Looking to see if anyone has any feedback on this years hull as I haven't found much info on it. Only issue I've seen are gas tanks and this ones was replaced a few years ago. Wondering if there's any other issues to keep an eye on. The decking was also recently replaced. Also would like to hear what people like about the hull. Thank you

Hi,
I have a '97 21 DV, a 2110 walk around. As far as I know the 21 hulls are the same. Do you have a center console, walk around, or cabin?

I found when I got the boat it was over propped and the motor was too deep. Had been that way for 20 years. My boat does not have tabs but many say you should have them. I liked the fact there were fewer holes in a 20 year old transom.

Things I've done and I'd say to check. Some may have been done with your new deck and fuel tank.

1) Replace the underwater though hulls. One of the plastic ones was cracked when I bought my boat.
2) Are the main battery circuit breakers up to current standards? on each battery I replaced old auto style breakers with modern marine circuit breakers.
3) Hatches above fuel tank and bilge are sealed. I replaced mine. Yours are probably new with your new deck.
4) When was the last time everything under the water line on the transom was bedded? I recently rebedded all the screws in the transom, the engine mounts bolts, and replaced the brass suppers though the transom. I found everything to be dry when I did so. There are stories on this site of people checking this and finding water in voids in the fiberglass when they removed the fasteners, and then letting these areas dry out before rebedding them.

I read up on all the recommendations on this site and changed my prop, added a permatrim, and raised the motor a hole. Now I plane at a lower speed, have the same top speed with less slip, and the helm is easier to hold. The prop was the biggest change going from a 17M to a 15 Q3. I'd recommend all three motor rigging changes.

I hope this helps and good luck.

It’s the center console. As much as I love Parker boats might walk from this one due to the age of the hull and lack of information on the model.

Just food for thought, but lack of information on a given year model/hull may be a good thing. People rarely post when they are satisfied with their purchase, most people only post when there is something to complain about (other than this site, of course ;)

I have a 1999 21DV and have had absolutely no problems with the hull - in fact, I would say it looks much better than a lot of the newer boats I see on the water.

-- Tom

FWIW I have 94 2330 and hull is fine. We love the pilot house bc it makes boating all season in SW Florida. As others have stated, take a few hours or hire out and inspect all rigging, wiring and motor.

All boats esp older ones will be updating and maintenance.

We just spent 3 months looking at anyrhing - lots of updating and replacing items but now up update for phase one. Roof and transom are good. Motor repaired due to dry exhaust corrosion. Fuel tank is original and would like to replace soon but no leaks. Misc items like replacing front windows glass. Electrical system has been updated. New switches and circuit breakers. Lots of stiff removed from previous owners.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OX66 require regular maintenance and diagnostic test light. Fuel pumps can rebuilt. It is a thirsty motor. Sometimes it needs de carbon procedure.

If the boat us a good deal get a survey and a good shop to check the motor. If well maintained will last at long time but a thirsty motor. Inspect oil tank and mount which can rust. Oil tank might need a cleaning. Use ring free additive.

Inspect steering helm pump, hoses and ram for leaks.

Check throttle cables for smooth operation
New UFlex ones are great

Check age of batteries

Inspect switch panel

Invest in a moistures meter

Check all hardware - grab rails, cleats, etc

Expect some poor wiring, auto SAE wires and crimps, no fusing, out of date breakers , battery selector switches, under size wires, poorly installed items, bad running and anchor lights, check bow rail fasteners, check rub railing and fasteners,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I purchased a 96 21’ DV CC about 6 years ago. The hull is solid as a rock. Was repowered in 03 with a Mercury 200. Great power. Just keep in mind the 200 outboard is about 50lbs heavier so your bilge thru hull fitting will be sitting a little low. Recently was taking on water when I realized mine had a small crack in the fitting.

Over the course of ownership I’ve spent about 7-8k with a new trailer, better electronics and stereo. Also all sorts of preventative maintenance parts that were still functioning but helps me with piece of mind and reliability.

Zero regrets on this boat (coming from a Grady White) and when I’m at the dock I get offers to purchase all the time.

Back