1996 Parker 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt.Tony

Reaction score
I am currently cosidering a 1996 2520 Parker. It has a deisel engine and many extras, such as, radar, gps, fishfinder, 8 man life raft and EPIRB. The boat seems to be in good condition. The owner is asking for$20000 for the boat. Is this a good price. I know very little about the boat but I am a big fan of the way it looks. Is there anything I should look out for when shopping for a Parker? I have never ridden in one so any help would be appreciated.

Capt. Tony,

What kind of Engine/Outdrive does she have? How many hours?

If it is an I/O it will be very fuel efficient and in my opinion a better ride than the same boat with an outboard.

Also, for future reference, I repowered my 2530 DV with a Yanmar 240/Mercruiser Bravo Two X for around $25k installed.

For $20k, even if you only get 1 or 2 seasons out of the current engine, I can't see how you could go wrong.

BlueSky":3mhulfc4 said:
For $20k, even if you only get 1 or 2 seasons out of the current engine, I can't see how you could go wrong.

I agree... A diesel powered 2520 for 20k is a steal.
Can you tell us if it is an I/O or IB?

My gawd, if YOU don't buy it for that price - I sure will!

FishFactory":ganh4kq0 said:
1996 Parker sport cabin mod v, per NADA...

w/2-200 Yamahas-$15,470
w/gas i/o-$16,500
w/diesel i/o-$19,340

average retail, no add-ons
I know, I use BUCvalue myself and routinely find NADA 30-50% LOW, which is great for buyers, but tough to deal with for sellers.

The engine is a Volva Penta I/O with 1000 hrs. I am not sure what type of I/O. The boat also has dual helm. What is the life expectancy on the hull?

Capt.Tony":2y6elog2 said:
What is the life expectancy on the hull?

If you take reasonable care of her? She will last longer than you will.
BTW - My boat is a 1996 model too.

Image-B8C14EBD290511DC.jpg

I have a 91 w/ the Volvo AD 41A and duo prop outdrive. Mine has 2200 hrs and other than a new starter have had few problems. Learn as much as you can about the operation and maintenance of a diesel, they are pricey to have repaired. Great price. Good Luck

I have a '96 2530 deep vee with a Volvo 5.7 L gas and DuoProp I/O.

You said diesel but I thought the diesels were Mercruiser at the time and you mentioned Volvo.

Maybe it is a Volvo diesel??

Is a good hull and heavy. I have about 900 hours on mine.

As well as engine soundness, need to check hull integrity and figure out what on the electronics you would consider making newer.

Diesels are a little slower, the diesel guys can tell you. Mine is heavier with the 2530 and I carry weight in gear. I cruise at 25 mph, 3600 rpm, about 2 mpg. I can get up to 29 or 30 mph at the bottom of the maximum rpm range. If it is a diesel you should beat 2 mpg and maybe top out at 28 mph?

Dana

Back