2 stroke oil tank?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsw

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has a feel for whether or not there's a finite life for the oil tank that's in the bilge? Reason I ask is my last boat had a Mercruiser I/O and the power trim unit was located in the bildge area. After 8 - 9 years, the poly-whatever plastic tank cracked and leaked all my trim fluid into the bilge. Luckily, it didn't pump overboard but it took a long time and a lot of emusifier to eventually get most of it cleaned out. Going on 9 years now with my Parker, and wondering if there's any history with these tanks.

Thanks
'04 2120SC - Yam 150 2 stroke

Mine was in my Parker boat for 21-years before I upgraded to a 4-stroke and removed it.

My brother is still running twin Yamaha 150 2-stokes on his Grady White ... using remote oil tanks ...installed in 1987!

You do the math ;)

I pulled mine this past winter (it's a 1999) and dumped it, swished some gas thru it to remove gobs of old oily sludge that was sitting on the bottom and re-installed. It looked like it'd last forever to be honest with you.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll see how it goes. I'll forget about it for now. Hopefully my reputation of being a Murphy's Law magnet (if anything can go wrong, it usually does with me) won't hold. Kinda creates a complex, of sorts.

Latest posts

Back