200 hpdi yam

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinmantoo

Reaction score
need some ideas, put away last fall runnin fine winterized. mech unwinterized 3wks ago changed all filters (almost )except vst filter which i had asked him to change. he said all filters were spotless, so he didn't change vst. motor is 2001 very low hours. yesterday i was stocking boat for trip shortly, put motor in barrel to run for awhile just to make sure it was ok before trip to buzz's. start right up in 2 sec. warmed up for 3-4 min hit gas stalled out, did this many times same result, all filters were replaced even though clean, any place to start? thanks tinmantoo bel air 23 wa

Might sound simple but
I have a 2003 200Hpdi
I have had this happen to me
I held the gas line up high near the motor and just pumped the ball a few times 10-15 make the ball stiff
Started she was fine
Sometimes you get air in the system
Boat runs off gas in the VST then dies out
Need to pressurize the system
Im not a mechanic just play one on TV 8)

check the fuel bulb also. On my SWII YAMI. I could crank and idle good but when I tried to throttle up it would just die. Noticed the feul bulb was dull in color and had deteriorated. I had a spare, put it on cranked up and no problems since...good luck

thank you for ideas, found out that the motor runs fine in gear. this motor needs to be in the water completly, like normal depth or it will not reve up in nuetral. computor holds it back so it won't over rev. or so i have been told by yam guys. i could have sworn that i had reved it up in barrel, but maybe not, revs up fine in gear and i guess that is what is important. just on the safe side goin to joppa town and dunk and take spin before buzz's trip. thanks again tinmantoo 23 wa

just curious why you'd chose a barrel over muffs...with good water pressure you can rev the engine up a little, and as long as you are careful you can bump it in and out of gear.

i'm not even sure i could get my hpdi in a barrel effectively

also previous posters did recommend pumping up the ball. It took about 20 pumps or so to fill the filter and VST tank.

I changed all my fuel filters this year (both the 10micron racor water sep and the on-motor VERY VERY easy to do on the HPDI btw) when i took it out of winterization. I won't be paying a mechanic to do that anymore - the filter is $26 and takes 4 minutes to change.

I winterized the motor myself - i disconnected the fuel and drained the VST tank and let the motor run itself dry while spraying the fogger in the intakes...

I did NOT do the VST screen because my motor runs fine and my on-motor filter was crystal clear and not a spec of dirt or contaminant on it - the racor is doing its job.

i have been told by quite a few mech. that you should use barrel for any motor over 1oo hp. that info was also on one of the forums like hull truth or one like it. i use plastic barrel with the top rim cut off so it bends easy, can run in gear also. some bigger shops have pit they back into, like a ramp. most of the shops i have gone to use a barrel on all the motors, they even catch water from discharge and pour back in barrel. thank you all for your input, i find it great to get possitive responces for problems. tinmantoo bel air 23wa

Latest posts

Back