• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2002 2520 MV for sale

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seller and I agreed on $30k even. I think it's a good but fair price, given the state of the market and the fact that it's now after Labor Day. Sure there are plenty of comparable boats out there listed for $10k-$20k more, but I've been looking at the same ads all year and they just aren't selling. It must be painful for the seller to let it go though, particularly right after putting on that new Yamaha. I've sold boats myself at a big loss before. It's never fun.

The boat needs new electronics. Other than that, though, it looks immaculate. I'm excited. Thanks everybody. Now I just need advice on the best fishing spots an easy cruise from Chesapeake Beach, MD. :)

What a steal!

Good for you ... but sadly devalues my '92 rig in a HUGE way ;) !

Not that I'm selling mind you ... but given this market and the fact she wears and old 2-stroke on her ... I'd much prefer to give her a Viking funeral if/when that day ever comes :) .

Scott-MD":20pbf10c said:
Now I just need advice on the best fishing spots an easy cruise from Chesapeake Beach, MD. :)

Here you go... It's right out in front of you, just off of TI.

DSCN0054.JPG

DSCN0014.JPG

Kevin -

That's a great shot of the Corker. I think I know that reef.

pkerchner":1p09q7n2 said:

That was one of the smaller ones caught that day. :wink:

The Admiral had a 22" that started to bleed, so it went back in the water quickly without a photo.

Scott-MD":tseogg89 said:
The seller and I agreed on $30k even.

You suck. :D I was on that boat last Saturday and had pretty much made up my mind to put in an offer if I sold my Grady soon. Guess I can toss that idea in the garbage. :wink:

Good find and hope to see you on the water. :)

Yeah I know. :D

I learned my lesson that you have to pounce by losing a couple others over the last 6 months. Good deals come around but they really don't tend to last long, particularly for Parkers. And I still think about that Carolina Cat that was for sale over on THT earlier this year, and got bought by someone in Africa. That was a cool boat (although now I can't say I'm sad I missed it).

Good luck selling your Grady, and I hope I see you out fishing too.

I finally got to pick it up today and I love it. With about 1/4 tank of gas I was getting 25-26 mph at 4000 rpms and 36 at 5000 (only briefly -- motor is still in the break-in period). Nice flat day on the Bay and that mod-V hull just jumps up on plane. I'm not even sure the trim tabs are necessary.

First docking went fine, but it wouldn't be a first cruise without breaking something so I crunched the top of the VHF antenna going under the bridge in Chesapeake Beach. That thing is lower than it looks. Oh well. Maybe I can fix it with some tightly wound glass cloth and West System? :?

Scott -

Congratulations on the new ride. She'll give you many hours of enjoyment.

Scott-MD":12txdit8 said:
I finally got to pick it up today and I love it. With about 1/4 tank of gas I was getting 25-26 mph at 4000 rpms and 36 at 5000 (only briefly -- motor is still in the break-in period). Nice flat day on the Bay and that mod-V hull just jumps up on plane. I'm not even sure the trim tabs are necessary.

First docking went fine, but it wouldn't be a first cruise without breaking something so I crunched the top of the VHF antenna going under the bridge in Chesapeake Beach. That thing is lower than it looks. Oh well. Maybe I can fix it with some tightly wound glass cloth and West System? :?

don't bother with the antenna. It will never work like new again. I am fanatical about safety electronics - everything must be pristine.

new antennas are under $50 at west marine, and the couplers are easy peasy to do yourself.

Put it this way- if you ever go down offshore, would you want to rely on an antenna that you crunched and jury rigged?

Nice boat....I'm with dale- your price for that boat seriously devalues my 20 year old bucket!

Scott-MD said:
Nice flat day on the Bay and that mod-V hull just jumps up on plane. I'm not even sure the trim tabs are necessary.

It's not the flat days and jumping up on plane issue with the tabs. You need the tabs when the bay has anything over a 2 foot chop.

Megabyte":2ddzeni2 said:
pkerchner":2ddzeni2 said:

That was one of the smaller ones caught that day. :wink:

The Admiral had a 22" that started to bleed, so it went back in the water quickly without a photo.

You threw a 22" croaker back into the water? They are the best tasting fish in the bay...right behind flounder. Better than rock any day.

Dave

aka

OK, so to get over there to the fish reef off TI I need two things: (1) a free afternoon at Tyler's for some tackle, and (2) the answer to another important question.

What's with the "restricted zone" on the charts that extends out from the naval radar installation just south of Chesapeake Beach? It's basically a huge cone projected out into the Bay right between Chesapeake Beach and my house (in the Camp Roosevelt neighborhood, just south of the installation--right where there's a pier on the charts). The notation on my chart basically says to consult the Department of Defense. I can't believe an area that big and inconvenient is really closed to traffic, but I don't want to run afoul of the Navy either.

Back