2003 Parker 2120 Sport Cabin-Modified

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will give you what I have on this computer, I have this new laptop and most of the pictures are on the one in my den and it is not online now.

First we used a product called Superboard, it is a lightweight chemiclly produced product that is very strong and is coated with fiberglass on both sides and easy to work with. Lots of fiberglass in that transom. We intergrated the livewell in the transom out of the same product and formed the corners using PVC pipe cut to round the corners so that they would all be the same, inside corners as well as the outside ones. I have a fiberglass guy that is tops when it comes to working with glass, lots of good ideas and loves working with it and creating. We were very lucky in that the deck drains were moved to the sides of where they were and now they drain under the bracket where they are not seen. We glassed the deck drain trough in the stern with fiberglass so the deck would be smooth and easy to keep clean, hopefully. When I get some time to mess with the other computer I will download more pictures and post them.

Attachments

• Retro-Fit 10.jpg
    Retro-Fit 10.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 9,264
  • Retro-Fit 11.jpg
    Retro-Fit 11.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 9,264
I mentioned this project to the glass guy who repaired my stringer.
He was all thumbs up, said as long as the transom is structurally sound
those cut outs can be filled in. I'd consider this upgrade when the time comes for me to repower my 10 year old O/B. If the wallet is ok at that time, I may do it. I'd be curious to know how the handling differs if you can keep us posted in the spring.

I'd be interested in how the boat performs once in the water. I've heard that Parker decided not to go with a bracket on the 21' hull because the center of gravity would be moved far enough back that the boat would porpoise.

Dave

aka

That may have been true but I talked to Robin,Eric and Armstrong about the project and since Armstrong changed the size of the flotation under the swim platform to 30" instead of 18" it sounded like a whole new ball game. They were all pretty positive about the result and have asked me to give them a report when I get it in the water. I was told by Armstrong Bracket that if I did have any issues with the cavitation I could put a Permatrim on the motor to correct it but was very doubtful that I would even have to do that. We will see!

I am putting her in the water on Monday to check her out and also to mark the waterline and see if it has changed much. I am going to run her in the pond and see how the numbers are and check out the new ride. I also want to get some pictures which I will post when I get everything done. I am taking her back out to paint the bottom and hopefully get her back in the beginning of April.

Here is a couple more pictures

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 2,031
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 2,031
The waterline didn't change at all, the only differance is that I have a slight list to the starboard and that is because I installed a second station. When I first decided to get into this project I talked to Armstrong Bracket and they said I shouldn't see any change because they increased the size of the flotation tank on the bracket and if there was going to be a change it would increase the flotation, they were right on the money.

Man thats is awesome.I've been watchin for your sea trial on the site,glad to hear to all went well.
I would like to do this to my ride someday..closein the transom would keep the water out of the boat when drift fishin,and I was worried that the bracket would make it heavy in the tail..seems like my 21 is when i fill up that 34gal bait tank :roll: ,but stickin the bracket on,and gettin that extra flotataion mush be awesome..just what I need.
Probably rides like a 23 now!
Awesome job,when i have the extra cash I'm gonna really consider it.
Enjoy,
MJ.

Just a thought - on my 2007 2120 guess I could simply add the Armstrong bracket without glassing in the transom? If so, I could then add a removable starboard panel to fill my existing transom hole or install a door there to the swim platform? Also assume the Armstrong bracket could be fabricated to accommodate my existing 18X12 trim tabs? If this would work then I could do this work myself. Thanks for any input. ............Pete

I spent the entire day yesterday on my 2120PH Fluke fishing and have to say that FishFactory was absolutely right when he said it would get some looks and questions from Parker owners. I had a lot of people who were not even Parker owners giving my boat a second look. Isn't that one of the things our boats are all about, Bragging Rights as well as pride in the job we do to personalize out boats. Every time I go out on her I learn to love this boat more, it performs very well but did take some time to get used to backing her down.

I've always wanted a PH, but ended up with a 23se for my second Parker. If Parker started manufacturing the 2120 this way, I could see a 3rd Parker in my future :shock:

I've not tried to raise the motor but I do put my tabs up. How does having the motor up help? I feel confident enough now to take her anywhere but it was a big difference than when I had the motor on the transom. What a ride though, smoooooooooooooooooooth especially with the Shock Mitigating Pedestal, I works just like they said it would.

ppem45":48em9ede said:
How does having the motor up help?

Thrust from the prop goes under the hull, rather than against the transom.
You don't need to raise it much. Experiment and you will see...

Great Post.

I have a 2510 with NO livewell. I would love to convert it to a bracket and build in a live well like the new parkers.

I saw your last post, 500 for labor...wow that is a deal.

It sounds like Armstrong was pretty reasonable too.

Armstrong was 2218.00 and the reason the labor was so cheap is that he is a close friend of mine.

Back