2006 Parker 2320 Sc Sl suzuki 300

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briand31

Reaction score
hi guys looking for some advise on repowering a 06 parker 2320 with a Suzuki 300. I'm wondering if the transom bracket can hold this sort of power and weight as the zuke is heavier than the yami 225 that is on it now. and also will it make the boat handle and sit differently in the water with the added weight. or should I go with a 250 with mechanical controls that's less weight.

I can't comment on the weight question but I'm sure my 06 2320 has a maximum hp rating of 250. I know newer 2320s are rated for up to 300. Can you go higher than the max rating? Probably. Should you? I wouldn't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Briand31":3rwrjdp9 said:
hi guys looking for some advise on repowering a 06 parker 2320 with a Suzuki 300. I'm wondering if the transom bracket can hold this sort of power and weight as the zuke is heavier than the yami 225 that is on it now. and also will it make the boat handle and sit differently in the water with the added weight. or should I go with a 250 with mechanical controls that's less weight.

Your 2006 F225 should be about 583 lbs? I thought the Suzuki was about 578 to 600 lbs? That's not enough weight to make a difference. I personally don't think you would have a problem? Go with the 300 if you plan to keep this boat. If you are willing to consider Yamaha as an option then all the 4.2L's are basically the same weight about 560 lbs so you could go with the F250 or the F300. Yamaha altanator is also 70A. I want to put the Yam 300 on my 2120 someday, mostly due to the decrease weight and the altenator. I like the Suzuki's though. If I was buying a motor or a used boat, either of those brands would be want I would want. Good luck.

My 1994 2320 with bracket is tagged for 300hp. Myself I’d say go for it. I’ve never heard anyone complain about too much hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info guys probably going to go for zuke 300. oh and west coast nut I forgot to mention in my post the max hp rating on my transom tag is 300

WestCoastNut":3lvj00bq said:
What the heck... guess I better double-check but I'm sure my 2320 is only rated for 250. Wonder why.

What motor did you end up putting on? I called Armstrong why makes the bracket and they said put the 250 HP. It’s not the weight it’s the torque of the motor. I told them my 2005 parker 2320 says 250 max but the newer Parker’s say 300 HP. Armstrong said the bracket can handle a 300 HP but if your boat says 250 then don’t go higher only because of insurance. Anything happens the insurance may not cover you. I went with 250 Suzuki. How much power you want? I’m doing 44 mph. I can’t see going any faster with Parker’s deep V

Marty D, The 300 zuke is on order will be in about 10 days just did all the derigging today.

Briand31":17m5mse2 said:
Marty D, The 300 zuke is on order will be in about 10 days just did all the derigging today.

Keep us posted when you get her mounted. Pics and stats. I’m a few years away from a re power but considering this same power choice when I do.

On your 2320.....I'd be trying the 3 X 16 X 20 prop 1st. That's what we put on a friend of mine's 23 W/A with a DF 250 APX

I like it, this should be a very sweet setup, interested to hear how she runs with the 300 Suzuk.

Thanks warthog for the prop advise. Motor is to be installed next week hopefully when I get it back I can get you guys stats and pics thanks for the comments guys.

I have a 2004 2520xl with a Suzuki DF300. I run a Suzuki 3x16x17 on my boat but I'm probably at least 1500lb heavier than you. It has been a very reliable addition for me and love the motor with digital shift. In flat conditions I can cruise at 30mph with 2mpg stats. My boat is loaded with extras such as 55gal bait tank, galley,
and a multi purpose seat in cockpit. You shouldn't have any reservations about the repower and this is a tested proven engine.

Not to be a wet blanket but insurance companies don't like boats powered over their actual rating plate. I got a hard time insuring a 20' sea Ox years ago. They ended up just charging me more...

Twoboater thanks for the reply but as I stated in one of my earlier posts the rating plate on my boat is for 300

I'm still trying to understand why my 2006 2320 SL is rated for 250hp max yet your 2006 2320 SL is rated for 300. If anyone can shed some light on that I'd appreciate it.

WestCoastNut":2mtkrlad said:
I'm still trying to understand why my 2006 2320 SL is rated for 250hp max yet your 2006 2320 SL is rated for 300. If anyone can shed some light on that I'd appreciate it.

Is your engine on a bracket or transom mount? My understanding is the brackets can be powered up to 300hp. I’m not sure if the transom mount models are different. Perhaps you could email Parker for some clarification. If you do, include your hull#.

My boat does have a bracket. I just looked at the pic of my transom tag it's rated for 300. I tried to post a pic of the tag but the site won't let me do it, guess I'm not computer savvy enough to figure that out yet. Marina put the motor on this past week their going to take it out next week to test a few different props.

Briand31":2owup72m said:
My boat does have a bracket. I just looked at the pic of my transom tag it's rated for 300. I tried to post a pic of the tag but the site won't let me do it, guess I'm not computer savvy enough to figure that out yet. Marina put the motor on this past week their going to take it out next week to test a few different props.
Install tapatalk app

B2

Latest posts

Back