2007 USCG Vessel Safety Check

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
How many ClassicParker owners do an annual USCG Vessel Safety Check?
http://safetyseal.net/

It's easy, it's free, and it's a good thing to do at the beginning of each seaon of boating...

Image-AAD6F04C065811DC.jpg

Want a VSC? Go here: http://safetyseal.net/GetVSC/

Got mine done several weeks ago. One of our boat club members is qualified to do it, and he couldn't have been more flexible with his time etc. in lining up the appointment. Hope this gives me some brownie points if I ever get "pulled over". He had some good tips on where to locate things etc. Good experience.

I get one every year. :wink:

Dabbie7":38b3twr4 said:
Hope this gives me some brownie points if I ever get "pulled over".

Actually, it does.

The VSC sticker is affixed to the port side of your windshield, and if a CG vessel sees it while doing routine safety inspections, they will pass you by.

If you do happen to get stopped, present them with the yellow copy of your inspection, and you are supposed to get a free pass.
The yellow copy is also supposed to be good for state (DNR or NRP) safety inspections as well.

The thought is that if you went through the trouble to get inspected, they are reasonably sure you are in compliance with the regulations for the season.

gw204":2frszxuv said:
Nice plug for State Farm. I wonder how they got their name on that sticker? :)

The story that I got was that State Farm paid to have the stickers printed.

Sticker wasn't making a difference up here last year. We'll see. Had too many CG and other boats out early in the season and were stopping people regardless.

Dana

Either way it is a good thing to have.
With all the hustle and bustle to get our boats in the water, sometimes we overlook items. This is a good reminder.
Tom

I get mine each year. Have a friend in the USCGA who does it for me.

I've gotten several passes...even one when I was running on plane at night out of Baltimore Harbor a little upstream from where the 6 mph zone ended. I thought I was passed the line, but was not. CG gave me a verbal warning about floating lumber, even though I had the radar running. They were right.

Dave

Back