• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2009 2520 w/ 2018 Yamaha 300 - What is she worth?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of them:
*The hull truth (except I’m currently banned for two weeks)
*boattrader
*facebook market place
*craigslist
*facebook Parker owners group
*bloodydecks
*classicparker

I meant selling prices. But I see advertisement prices all over the place. These seem typical.

2008 Parker 2520 XL Sport Cabin used boat for sale - boatersresources.com
https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2006-parker-2520-xl-sport-cabin-7728343/
But you can always find people like this.
https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2004-parker-2520-xl-sport-cabin-7663497/
Bottom line, these ads don't tell us what they are worth. You need sales data to really know. I'll stand by my prior post. Owners of the same make, looking at ads, will reach biased conclusions.

I meant selling prices. But I see advertisement prices all over the place. These seem typical.

2008 Parker 2520 XL Sport Cabin used boat for sale - boatersresources.com
https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2006-parker-2520-xl-sport-cabin-7728343/
But you can always find people like this.
https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2004-parker-2520-xl-sport-cabin-7663497/
Bottom line, these ads don't tell us what they are worth. You need sales data to really know. I'll stand by my prior post. Owners of the same make, looking at ads, will reach biased conclusions.

Are you familiar with the term “comps” as in comparisons? It’s used often in sales like Real Estate, business acquisition.
Comps are the best way to value a product.
Whether you own that product or not, the comps are the comps.
Owning the product that you are doing a comparative analysis on does not change the comparable value.
It sounds like to me you believe individuals are incapable of separating the emotional value from the tangible value.
In that case, you are correct. Owning a product and ignoring the market value based on your emotional connection is a biased and non- representative true value.
From your perspective, me owning apple stock makes me illegitimate to analyze its current value.
Same with homes, boats, business’.
I also stand behind my initial premise that because I own a particular product, I am more aware of its market value....
But that’s why America is great. We can agree to disagree and still have joy and peace and prosperity.

Last edited:
Been trying to buy one. My area the same 45k boat a year ago has a 20k pandemic mark up.

Gotta ask...what got you banned from THT?

a 6 year feud with “Mod11” who targets my posts.

BC1-FD49-A-415-D-453-E-B39-D-23-A774-C83-E8-D.png

Maybe just change your handle?

nah, I’ve got ten years of post and contributions under “sydngoose”...
I could use the break from THT. Less screen time on boat forums = more projects getting done on the home front.

it’s like Robinhood and GME...sometimes the little guy takes a backseat. I don’t mind being a spectator for a spell. 😀

plus, THT tracks your IP address...not just your username.

Last edited:
It’s worth what anyone is willing to pay for it! I know it sounds crude but if someone wants something at any given price & willing to pay so be it!

Thanks for making my day. Haven't been on this site for long but I've learned a lot from your posts - keep 'em coming. Got a lot of boat experience but this is my first Parker. Guys like you have not only provided answers to problems I have but gave me other things to look at BEFORE they become problems. Appreciate it.

Are you familiar with the term “comps” as in comparisons? It’s used often in sales like Real Estate, business acquisition.
Comps are the best way to value a product.
Whether you own that product or not, the comps are the comps.
Owning the product that you are doing a comparative analysis on does not change the comparable value.
It sounds like to me you believe individuals are incapable of separating the emotional value from the tangible value.
In that case, you are correct. Owning a product and ignoring the market value based on your emotional connection is a biased and non- representative true value.
From your perspective, me owning apple stock makes me illegitimate to analyze its current value.
Same with homes, boats, business’.
I also stand behind my initial premise that because I own a particular product, I am more aware of its market value....
But that’s why America is great. We can agree to disagree and still have joy and peace and prosperity.
There are actually regulations and limitations about giving advice to prospective buyers on investments you already own. People who own have an interest in the stock and are presumed to be partial, not independent. In real estate a valuation comp is a recent sale, not a current asking price. You would use other adds for marketing and trying to determine an asking price for your own ad, but it would not be an accurate means to estimate the value. So again, I stand by my post.

Someone above mentioned a Covid premium, which is a very real thing. Temporary market factors can drive up values for reasons independent of the property’s expected value. But the Covid mark up is not a permanent factor, so buy with care over the next few months.

I’ve watched this market closely, looking at boats every day for about a year and half , and it has been a steady climb the whole time. I’ve seen the inventory shrink and prices go up. I didn’t want to pay premium for a Parker in this market but I did see the opportunity to sell my NR for a premium price. I was able to make a substantial come up on my NR which allowed me to move up to a new to me 2012 Parker 2320. It’s a sellers market for sure

yup, seller's market, I agree. Apart from the covid premium (which I'm thinking will last for a year or 2), new boat prices have been steadily increasing over the last decade. Naturally this will cause used boat prices to go up.

new and used trucks have been increasing in price a lot too, crazy how much my 2006 truck is still worth

Prices are what the market will bear. But I am seeing the same 2520 xl's advertised for weeks with no price drops. Must be very patient sellers out there.

Prices are what the market will bear. But I am seeing the same 2520 xl's advertised for weeks with no price drops. Must be very patient sellers out there.

me too, not quite the same market for the 2520’s. I’m some cases it seems like you could get a used 2520 for the same price as a comparable 2320. These 2320’s are selling like crazy

Latest posts

Back